Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

Stupid questions people have asked about you wedding?

Erin8, 27 of June of 2014 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 107

The best questions l got were;

Is the marriage legally blinding? Clearly yes otherwise why would l be doing it?!

Is your Dad coming? He has been dead for over a year so probably not

How am l getting to your wedding party? How should l know

107 replies

Latest activity by InkedDoll, 7 of July of 2014 at 09:29
  • S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I've had a couple of people asking me if I'm wearing a wedding dress!

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Probably not going to be the most obscure question but my FSIL asked if there was going to be a free bar - seriously??!! Have you any idea how much this wedding is costing? And you want me to pay for 150 people to get drunk at the reception as well? Sure I'll go take a walk to the money tree at the bottom of the garden, I may as well plant another one while I'm there....

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wait, are you saying that people who knew your dad had passed asked that? Or do you just mean that people are insensitive to ask that without first checking whether a person's parent is living?

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

I got asked by the FOTG what order the songs were being played during the evening reception.

Also got asked by one of my BM's if the corsages they were having were to be worn on their leg!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

MIL asked us if the TOG will know to take pictures of us 2 alone as she wants to update her wall of family photos...

• C
    Beginner May 2015
    Christy777 ·
    • Hide content

LOL

You made my day!

Thanks God, no one did not ask me such a questions. Atleast for now Smiley laugh

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The person asked the question before engaging brain. They knew he was dead but had a stupid moment.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Ah, well then yes, that is stupid.

My FMIL asked my H2B if he wanted to invite his dad to the wedding. He hasn't seen his dad since he was five, so we were both pretty surprised that she would suggest it. (He doesn't.)

• Paul & Dawn
    Beginner July 2015
    Paul & Dawn ·
    • Hide content

It wasn't a question as such but a close relative (who drives me nuts at the best of times) told me in detail how much it was costing her to get to our wedding and stay overnight. We are getting married in the southwest and she lives in the southeast. When she saw where the venue was she went on their website and then messaged me to ask if I realised how much the bedrooms cost to book - of course, but they were included in our package which she really didn't understand!

She told me she wouldn't be staying at the venue, I suggested she bring her caravan and pitch it in the holiday place next to the venue to which she replied, do you know how much that thing cost to tow?! Why have it then?! Grrr!

My final response was, I drove 6 hours in 2012 to your wedding and paid for myself to stay overnight, so stop moaning! Not sure whether she'll come or not now... Smiley winking

Dawn

• DeeBee33
    Dedicated November 2014
    DeeBee33 ·
    • Hide content

From my lovely, and well meaning, yet slightly insensitive aunty...

"When are you starting your diet?"

Gah!

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

haha that made me laugh!

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    loves-young-dream ·
    • Hide content

'Why are you having a wedding breakfast, how early is it going to be, won't people have eaten breakfast already?' Hahahaha

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugh. That is not well meaning at all! It's just insulting.

• DeeBee33
    Dedicated November 2014
    DeeBee33 ·
    • Hide content

You'd have to meet my aunty to understand - she's like the epitome of nice normally, without an evil bone in her body.

Still wanted to smack her face in though, not least because she asked this question on my Facebook wall!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

My darling BM and best friend once asked me in shock horror, 'you arent changing out of your wedding dress for the reception?!?!'.......

To which my response was hell no! Does anyone actually do that??? I know some brides do, but its way more common and likely for one to stay in a dress that cost an arm and a leg? Lol

• DeeBee33
    Dedicated November 2014
    DeeBee33 ·
    • Hide content

Change out of it for the reception?! Really?! I've already warned my wife to be and my mother that I'm wearing it to breakfast the morning after the night before!!!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not a stupid question. Mine won't be as we're having a Humanist ceremony but no-one except us and the two people we've asked to be the witnesses at our legal bit know that it's not. I am expecting the more savvy of our guests to ask this question at some point on the day.

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

I've had the "is your dad coming to the wedding?" Question from my mum and both my sisters - although am pretty sure that at least one of my sisters was joking but my mum wasn't!!! I've probably seen him twice in 20 years and neither of those meetings went well and I recently deleted him from fb for other reasons so... Ermmmmm.... No he isn't!! Lol

ive also had the fmil make comments rather than questions but when we go round for tea she'll say things like, "so you won't be having cake with us?" Errrmmmm can I decide that for myself or does the size of my bottom offend you? - i always feel like jumping in to either "I like bit b@tts and I can not lie" or the new "you know what you can do with that big fat b@tt.... Wiggle wiggle wiggle" but I know my oh would just hang his head in shame! Lol :-) xxx

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Urgh, I hate that assumption that all brides must be dieting, or should diet. I told my mum I was trying to lose a bit of weight, but I'm sure she'd have asked at some point if I hadn't said it. It's just so rude. My uncle lives in Spain now and I'm kinda glad, cos you can bet your life he'd have commented on my weight by now if he had seen me. He flew over for my brother's wedding and proceeded to embarrass me in front of the strangers I was seated with by asking why I have so many tattoos and telling me how he thinks women shouldn't have tattoos. I wanted to die.

• Suzie88
    Beginner August 2014
    Suzie88 ·
    • Hide content

My favourite so far has been 'Did you know that you are getting married on a Wednesday?'

Ummmm…. no, we missed that fact, but somehow managed to write it on the invitation that you are holding…...

Although, today, I received a text on the land line saying 'Can I come to the wedding, I'll be with A (cousin and photog) and I'll pay my way?' Mainly funny because the person didn't think to mention who they are!!!!

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Jfh ·
    • Hide content

We get asked about the legally binding thing too because we are getting married in the USA. Also, people saying "but don't you have to have a blood test there?" Not in his state, no. But even if we did, why would that worry me?

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've had this one already! Haha!

• MrsKHbutterfly
    Rockstar September 2014
    MrsKHbutterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Actually - I kind of had this too - from h2b!!!!!! I said something in conversation about it and the look of confusion on his face was a picture!! I could actually see him trying to work out if I'd lost the plot!! Lol xx

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup! It was my h2b first that asked... Then everyone else lol x

• emmieloos
    Beginner August 2015
    emmieloos ·
    • Hide content

Yup I've had it from h2b too lol

• StaceyLorraine
    Beginner July 2014
    StaceyLorraine ·
    • Hide content

I had someone ask me if my 9 week old baby was coming... Ermm nah I thought I'd leave her at home with the fish acting as babysitters...

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had a civil ceremony in America. So surely it is the same as a civil ceremony here?

• J
    Beginner September 2014
    Jfh ·
    • Hide content

Assuming you met all of the local requirements for whichever state you married in then it should be legal here.

we are getting married in Washington state and there is a 3-day waiting period there and if we don't follow that rule the marriage is null and void.

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There are some corkers on here!

I had this from one of OH's aunties; I was seriously not impressed.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

The silliest questions I have been asked are, "isn't is going to be cold?" -well yes it will be in the artic circle! And "what will you be wearing, surely not a wedding dress?" -erm yes a wedding dress.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics