Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin8
Beginner June 2014

Stupid questions people have asked about you wedding?

Erin8, 27 of June of 2014 at 09:00

Posted on Planning 107

The best questions l got were; Is the marriage legally blinding? Clearly yes otherwise why would l be doing it?! Is your Dad coming? He has been dead for over a year so probably not How am l getting to your wedding party? How should l know

The best questions l got were;

Is the marriage legally blinding? Clearly yes otherwise why would l be doing it?!

Is your Dad coming? He has been dead for over a year so probably not

How am l getting to your wedding party? How should l know

107 replies

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I cant be doing with more BM issues over something so minor (I sacked off my MOH after a downright nasty turn of events from her part). Although it did make me grit my teeth and GRR a bit, she's a good friend besides.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really don't think that's that stupid. Outright themes are still a bit American, but most people do have a colour scheme. Not that that's any reason to have one if you don't feel the need, but I think it's a bit harsh to say people are stupid for asking.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I'm not a precious person, but that would have upset me! My bridesmaids both live 60 miles away from me in opposite directions. Poor thing, sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare!

• T
    Beginner November 2014
    Titchymichy ·
    • Hide content

You're right it is harsh, which is why I've never said anyone is stupid! I've read the title of this thread to be stupid questions people have asked and not stupid people who have asked questions :-)

The reason it's a stupid question, is because it inevitably follows a conversation about my venue and my reasons for choosing it -

"it's quirky, no two pieces of furniture match, it's so eclectic...I love how nothing is the same..."

"so are you getting coloured chair covers and tie backs? [table linen/table crystals/balloons....etc]

"no, why on earth would I choose a venue where everything is different to cover the tables & chairs so they all look the same"

"so tell us your theme"

"its a wedding!?"

"but...a theme"

"my theme is.... Everything is different..."

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, that conversation is a bit stupid. But I too meant that the question was stupid, not the person. I mixed my pronouns up a bit in that last post.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics