Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Suggestions for Bridesmaid's gift bags.

17 of May of 2012 at 08:25 Posted on Planning 0 7

I've bought some lovely jute tote bags for my bridesmaids, with the letters to spell "Bridesmaid" stitched on to them, edged with lace that matches the detailing on their dresses. I'm going to fill them with little gifts almost like a "bridesmaid hamper", just wondered if anyone had suggestions for extra bits that could go in them?

So far I have bought the 3 of them "Wedding Fever" which is a pretty trashy, chick-lit sort of paperback but it's quite a feel good story about friendship and weddings, doesn't challenge anyones perception of the world or anything but nice light hearted book for Summer hols. I've also bought them the knickers from Debenhams with "Bridesmaid" printed across the bum.

Other ideas I thought of were pyjamas for the night before (we're all staying at my parents and I'll be giving them the bags that evening) although I'm sure they'll have bought something with them to sleep in! Perfume, lipstick/lipgloss, a magazine for reading in the hairdressers or on their way home the day after the wedding, a nail varnish that matches the colour they'll have for the wedding. I saw some little eyemasks with "Bridesmaid" stitched across, like the ones you're given to sleep on a plane, and they were really cute but does anyone actually ever USE those? lol. I thought also perhaps a pack of seeds that represent one of the flowers in their bouquet for them to plant when they get home?

Other ideas welcome!

7 replies

Latest activity by Kihec24, 17 of April of 2024 at 12:44
  • *Cloud9*
    Beginner August 2013
    *Cloud9* ·
    • Hide content

That sounds lovely !! I'm sure they'll be thrilled with them. You could put their fav chocs in. But what you have said already sounds lovely.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm...definitely chocolate and maybe a mini bottle of something alcoholic? Maybe a little personal note from you saying thank you?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

We have bought pashminas for ours incase it gets alittle chilly, and a little clutch bag for use on the day!!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

You've got some fab ideas already (I may even steal some). I'm getting them so far: bridemaid dressing gowns for the morning, their jewellery and a bottle of their favourite tipple.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Do you want keepsakes or things they can use on the day? Or a mixture of both?! I've got the bridesmaid eye masks, but we actually ARE going on a plane, so hopefully they'll use them. Probably wouldn't use them normally, but it's a nice little keepsake.

Some ideas:

Party feet

A lipgloss/lipstick so that they can touch up during the day

A hoodie/dressing gown or something they can wear in the morning whilst getting ready (again, like you say about the PJ's, they've probably thought of this)

A framed picture of the two of you together.

A little purse

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

Sorry but I am completely nicking this idea! I have three sisters for my bm's aged 13, 21 and 29 and the normal jewellery things just won't cut it! but little personal momentoes to being my bridesmaids and other quirky things is a fab idea!

I love the picture frame idea as well - i would leave it blank and write a note in to say 'insert pic of bride and bm here'

plus we all staying in the same room the night before the wedding so I could give their gifts then!

Aw thank you canterbury bride! lol If I think of anything else to add I will let you know but otherwise I will watch this space ?

xxx

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

If you want something as a keepsake to add to the "hamper" we stock a wide range of items that would be suitable. Things like engraveable mirror compacts, or hip flasks would make a lovely addition and you could engrave whatever you like on them, so they would be great reminders and keepsakes of the day itself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics