Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Suit colours

Hayley, 5 of October of 2021 at 07:49 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
Hello all. So my h2b was originally thinking grey suits. My Dad has a charcoal one so said he'd just wear that. Now my h2b is undecided on suit colour. Just wondering your thoughts. Should my h2b, his two best men and our two Dads all wear the same suits. Or can they be just the same colour? Or can they be different to each other? I imagine my h2b will buy suits for the best men to match his. Should be buy the Dads too or hire or just ask them to wear any? Thanks.

6 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 9 of October of 2021 at 14:39
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

The dads can wear different and then match ties to the colour scheme, or if you want them to match the groom and best men then that will be ok. to be honest there is no right or wrong, traditionally they don't wear the same as groom and best men but it is your wedding so is up to you.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 🙂
  • M
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Melanie ·
    • Hide content
    Our dads wore what they wanted, as did the best man, but we had everyone wear the same button hole flower which was a nice way of linking them together for the photos.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you. Interesting to hear how different people did it. My h2b is definitely keen on getting the best men their suits as he got bought one when he was best man for his friend.
  • ForeverFloralsEventStyling
    Beginner April 2081 Greater Manchester
    ForeverFloralsEventStyling ·
    • Hide content

It's totally up to you & your H2B and what you're both happy with. I don't think it matters whether the dads are in matching suits but the groom and best men traditionally should match, though it's your wedding so it's whatever works for you! Using a matching colour tie/buttonhole is a lovely way to link the dads, groom, best men etc on the day & in the photographs.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Yeah, my h2b and the best men will definitely match. We've got matching ties for them and the dads and they will all have buttonholes. I think my Dad was just thinking he'd wear his suit he has, whereas my h2b's Dad seems to be replying more on direction. I'm sure it will all become clearer once my h2b decides what he'd like to wear and which colour to go for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics