Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrsjones2024
Rockstar June 2024 Essex

Suit hire?

Mrsjones2024, 18 of June of 2016 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all,

Where are you hiring your suits from?

We were planning on hiring the suits from a local, independent tailor on the high street. I have just checked their website and they charge £165 per suit which includes trousers, jacket, waistcoat, shirt, pocket square and tie/bow tie/cravat. We need 6 suits in total so when you add it up, it is nearly £1000 for something that you don't even get to keep! The bridesmaid dresses only cost £230!

I looked at Moss Bros and they charge £115 for the same thing and the groom will go free, which will only cost £575.

Is £165 about average for a suit hire? How much are you paying and who are you using? Anyone have any experience of Moss Bros?

Thanks in advance X

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrsjones2024, 3 of July of 2016 at 19:36
  • J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

We're looking at debanhams which seem to be from about £100 each again with the fifth suit free. But to be honest the whole process of hiring suits is stressing me out! I too only paid about £200 for all my bridesmaid dresses so it just seems insane to spend more on the suits especially when for me personally, a suit is a suit, can't often see much difference between them. We've got a 'consultation' at debanhams tomorrow so will hopefully know more then. I've heard that with moss bros you have to pay quite abit more to be able to return the suits a few days after the wedding instead of the next day so I'd bare that in mind x

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

Hey, we only need suit hire for 3 including groom as both Dads are buying their own. We have paid £160 each plus ties and pocket squares which were £40 for H2B and £25 for the others as different designs. They are quite expensive as they get tailored to fit the men. So a bit like made to measure but then you hand them back. H2B wanted to buy suits but would have been too much for what he wanted so this was a good middle ground X

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure where you got your moss bros price from? But the suits vary in price from there. The one we picked out was £153 for the same package with the 5th suit free. TM lewin was cheaper at £95 per suit and I think that was the same package too.

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

My oh is hiring from moss bros. He's getting the suit and all bits you said for £100. I think it depends on the suit his has short tails. He a large man so we thought it would cost a lot more so were very happy. They have been really nice and helpful.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content

Christ! We are using a local hire company. Not having tails though, just smart Grey lounge suits. OH gets his for free as we are ordering 6 but suit, waistcoat, trousers, shirt, braces, cravat and pocket square is costing £90 including accidental damage deposit ?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I got that price from the Moss Bros website. We just want normal suits too, no tails or hats etc.

I didn't realise how expensive suit hire would be!

I think we will book appointments with Moss Bros and I will check out TM Lewin. Thanks all x

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

We have hired ours from greenwoods, they where offering groom goes free + 10% off, it cost us £650 including insurance for 8men, this included tail coats, shits, waist coats, trousers, cuff links, cravats and pocket square. And I have to say they have been so helpful with everything including 1 groomsman who lives further away can go to his local store for measuring

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    Laurensmum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cor! They really throw it all in for that price don't they!!! ??

• katieJ2b
    Beginner October 2016
    katieJ2b ·
    • Hide content

Ours are costing us about £150 a suit....and we need 8!

We went into a great little place in Colchester first and he found a suit he REALLY liked. We popped into Moss Bros and Debenhams and TM Leein to have a look but found the quality really didn't compare, and none of them had anything similar to the one we have already seen. The customer service is great and everyone is going to have their measurements taken in a few weeks so they'll all look really smart and well dressed on the day x

• C
    Beginner November 2017
    CantwaittobeMrsDavies17 ·
    • Hide content

I've heard awful things about hiring from Moss Bros (sorry) - pretty much every wedding I've been to has involved them and I cant think of one story that's been good - they've either had trouble getting the deposit back (despite the suits being in perfect condition), or they've messed up the sizing, or haven't had what had been ordered in stock meaning emergency trips the day before the wedding, or the quality being poor. It feels like they think they're the "leaders" of the wedding suit hire market and therefore don't need to make an effort!!

Sorry to be negative but I would suggest having a really good scout around - sometimes it pays to pay more (literally!)

x

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

We are using Formally Yours, which is only 57 pounds for trousers, waistcoat, shirt jacket tie etc.

They seem really good You can't go in and try on but give measurements and they send out the suits 10 days before, if it doesn't fit they send out another one for 5 pounds, but it all seems really good.

Tip - we got a 10% off voucher when we asked for a sample of fabrics to be sent through... It was in the mail with the fabric samples.

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

We're hiring from a company called Suitors which is a smaller chain near us.

We're hiring 6 suits, which include trousers, suit jacket, waistcoat, shirt, tie, pocket square, and shoes which is coming to £159 total but this includes a £40 deposit per suit, that we get back when they are returned and we have taken the an additional £4.50 per suit for accidental damage which comes to £114.50 per suit.

I am also going to try and haggle and get the groom suit FOC, because if you don't ask, you don't get!!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours from Slaters and they cost £160 each for a three piece.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

We bought ours from Next (my mum got us staff discount so came to £100 a suit). We thought for similar hire prices it makes more sense to have something to keep. Especially as my OH wanted a 'trendy' look rather than traditional. They are providing their own shirts and I've got ties and pocket squares from swagger and swoon for about £26 each x

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

We are hiring ours from a local independent gentlemans outfitter, but the suit hire range is from 'Peter Posh'- they have showrooms and independent tailors all over the country.

We're having a traditional morning suit for the men and our little ring bearer and with insurance and including waistcoats, cravats, pocket squares, shirts and shoes (if required) it's costing us about £130 for each suit.

I too have heard nothing but horror stories about Moss Bross (sorry!) so have avoided them at all costs!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I heard horror stories about Moss Bros so totally avoided them - we used Slaters & they were absolutely amazing! You can order them from one store but get them picked up from others, my dad lives in Birmingham we ordered from Manchester but he picked his up from the Birmingham store! The suits were absolutely amazing, they looked better than I could have hoped, and all the guys liked them, even my Dad who is super fussy!!

We hired 5, paid £107 a suit but got one free! I'd highly recommend Slaters xx

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. We are in Essex so there are no Slaters near us unfortunately. I saw on the FB page of the suit company that we like that they do discounts at wedding fairs. So I think the plan is to find out which wedding fair they are next at and go along to that to get some money off! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics