Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner September 2011

Suit hire cost

clairewill, 30 March, 2011 at 21:29 Posted on Planning 0 13

Someone is getting back to me tomorrow with a price for suit hire and I have no idea what it should be! It will be for the suits (not tails), waistcoats, ties and shirts for the groom and 4 others. Can anyone let me know what yours cost or what you think would be an average quote for this? Thanks.

13 replies

Latest activity by (Claire), 31 March, 2011 at 11:18
  • Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

We are having tails, so this might not be a great help, but ours were about £100 each for tails, trousers, shirt, waistcoat, cravat and handkerchief. We hired 5 and the groom went free making it more like £80 each. We are getting them from Moss.

• snail_87
    Beginner May 2011
    snail_87 ·
    • Hide content

If you are looking at hiring from somewhere like Moss Bros then a basic suit like you have described it about £70-£80 each.

If you want top hat, tails, and shoe hire- think more like £100 each.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if this will help.. we're hiring from a company in Bristol called Tux N Tails and we paid £350 for 5 suits (3 adults and 2 children but they are tails) including shoes, cufflinks, etc.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

Are suits are £94 each this is with £7 damage cover thats for frock coats shirt cravat hanky wastcoat and pants but if we get 5 we got the groom free

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

£95 from Moss Bros included tails, waistcoat, shirt, cravat, hankie. We heard a lot about problems people had with Moss Bross but the branch we dealt with in The White Rose Centre, Leeds were excellent.

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

It all depends on the suits and the service. You can hire suits from as little as £30.00 each (hireweardirect). It just really depends on what sort of budget you have and how specific you are with your requirements. Most of my customers are very specific about what they want and also want a certain level of customer service, this means they are willing to pay a premium for what they want. So my hire suits average at £150.00 but can go up to £300.00 each depending on what they want. There are other shops like mine who have better products and services like: Anthonys & Hugh Harris, they will be in the same price bracket as myself. Places like Moss, Youngs, Burtons, Debenhams will all be of the standard hire type and will cost you between £80-£100.00 each depending on what you order.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We have 7 for about £420.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

Ours are from formallyyours.co.uk and cost £60 each. Normal suit, matching waistcoat, cravat and shirt. It also includes an optional £3 damage waiver fee that I though we probably should get! Shoes were £7.50 extra if you wanted to hire them!

When we were looking they were around £80-100 each in the normal places in town.

HTH

xxx

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Mine are £95 each - includes suit, waistcoat, cravat & cufflinks. Shirts are a tenner - they dont hire them, you have to buy them (which is grand - i would say after being hired & washed so many times they would look less than crisp!).

THough because we booked at a wedding show we got 2 for 1 - and as we need 10 suits that was a great savings.

We'll buy their shirts (we'll get OH 2, one for day & one for night) but were telling everyone to get their own shoes sorted.

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    Salari ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

we didn't get hats (which are something like £85 extra)we got ours from Moss as well - fairly good service so far!

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

Our suits are going to be about £400 for 5 suits and we are getting one of those free as they have a groom goes free deal!

I have seen a local bridal shop that do similar suits for £80 a suit

• U
    Beginner August 2011
    universa_2k ·
    • Hide content

Ours have come in at £86.95 each, thats for tail suit, shirt, waistcoat, cravat, hankie & cuff links & includes insurance xx

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I didnt like the idea of going with Moss Bros/Debenhams basically a chain, as I wanted something a bit different but I thought going somewhere independent would mean an extra cost, in the end we went to a family run shop in our town and for 7 suits (tails) waistcoat's, cravats, hank's etc we paid £400.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics