Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cymruangel
Beginner December 2014

Suit hire issues: Austin Reed

cymruangel, 8 of December of 2014 at 09:51 Posted on Planning 0 1

A cautionary tale from the weekend.

My OH decided to go with Austin Reed for suit hire, thinking that he would pay a bit extra but be guaranteed good service. It hasn't gone well.

We had a call to say the suits were "all in" and went to try them on on Sunday. It emerges that they were not all there at all, and that my father (from Swansea) and the best man (Northants) had had a wasted journey in to Cheltenham because the sales assistant did not check the rails properly.

That would be not great, but fixable in the timescale, but then the assistant tried to imply it was OH's fault for not checking what was meant by "all" and then started going on about how lucky we were that they were in at all, given in high season it would be 8 days not 14 in advance. Remembering here that THEY called US and told us to come in and try on, and we weren't even insisting on taking them away, just checking the fit, as they had asked us to do. Unimpressed, to say the least.

Thankfully at that point the manager stepped in and defused the situation. He re-measured the gents whose suits had not arrived, and they are going to be couriered directly to their homes. But it didn't make for the most relaxing of Sundays!

1 replies

Latest activity by GCL2015, 8 of December of 2014 at 12:03
  • cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds so annoying. Good job the manager stepped in. I do wonder sometimes why some people choose jobs working with the public when their customer service skills are so poor. I went to pick up our wedding rings on Saturday and the guy who was serving me (who I hadn't seen before and isn't one of the regular staff) asked when the wedding was then lectured me for about ten minutes about why winter weddings are a bad idea!! I was so shocked I just said 'well its a bit late to change our mind now'!!

• G
    Beginner June 2015
    GCL2015 ·
    • Hide content

I keep hearing lots of bad things about high street suit shops, which is one of the reasons why we decided to use an independent shop instead.

You would think when it comes to weddings they would make sure you receive an excellent service, especially as couples are usually after recommendations from others.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics