Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

Suit Hire - Recommendations/average cost?

Laurensmum, 18 of May of 2016 at 21:31 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi guys.

Got to get bum in gear and arrange appointments for suit hire this weekend! The last night thing to do!

Any recommendations and guestimate on costsI've been doing some research on suit hire in Sussex and costs seem to vary big time!

I've emailed a couple of places and asked them specifically what I'm after and they haven't bothered responding ?

I'm after lounge suits, the thought of tails doesn't appeal to OH!

Cheers

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-Riley, 20 of May of 2016 at 11:33
  • B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

Ours are from Debenhams, we chose there because OH's dad doesn't live near us and could get his suit delivered to his local store. We paid £350 for 5 suits as the groom goes free if you order 5 and there was 10% off when we ordered them. Our wedding is next week so they've just come in to collect and so far the service has been excellent.

• L
    LuxuriousPinkCakes345 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting ours from moss bros, about £110 each for 3 piece lounge suits, got the groom's free as hiring 4

• D
    Beginner July 2016
    DevonBelle ·
    • Hide content

We've bought ours from Next. They happened to like the cheapest suit they stock, it was £99 for the lounge suit jacket and matching trousers! And my OH got a waistcoat too.

We originally wanted to hire, but from MOSS it was around £90 to hire each lounge suit... plus insurance which was £9. Plus they would have to go in to town (45 mins drive each way) to order, in again to collect, and in again to drop off. Ridiculous.

Definately cheaper to buy the lounge suits for each of the boys!! We;ve got 4 including the groom so totalled £435. This way the suits double as a gift as well (though I still think we should get them something else too...)

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

We paid £94.50 per suit for lounge suits, which included suit, waistcoat, shirt, cravat, pocket handkerchief bit and cuff links. We went to a local store run by a proper tailor rather than using the high street - we paid a little more but the service was absolutely excellent and the suits fitted wonderfully.

• Pink Roses
    Beginner July 2016
    Pink Roses ·
    • Hide content

Hi I was wondering if any of you could help me with a query??

My OH is going for his suit fitting this week with FOB and ushers and he seems to think that on top of the charge for the hire of the suits that they charge £200 per suit as a deposit which you get back once you have returned the suits.

Is that true?? That seems like a lot of money to be giving to Moss Bros as a deposit as in total for 4 suits that would be £800!!!

Thanks!

• L
    LuxuriousPinkCakes345 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think that's the case, we went with Moss bros and only had to pay 10% deposit, the remainder to be paid when we pick the suits up.

• Pink Roses
    Beginner July 2016
    Pink Roses ·
    • Hide content

Thanks a lot! Thats great! :0)

• U
    Beginner August 2016
    u_21@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I recommend a place called slaters. £89 a 3 piece suit to buy and they do all alterations for free

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Don't know if this will help, but sometimes a different perspective is nice.

My OH didn't want anything too rigid and smart, so decided to get himself a suit jacket - a tweed style number from Jacamo (£90) - and then a more relaxed white shirt and black trousers. He looks a lot more smart casual and I know he'll be comfier on the day - all in all, we've only spent just over £150 on a suit he can keep and fits him well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics