Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner May 2012

Suit hire-Watford area

Freckles1977, 17 November, 2011 at 15:49 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi all,

Can anyone reccommend where to hire suits from? Also, old maids-where did your OH's get theirs from? Have looked at Moss Bross and Debenhams (ruled them out as they don't do children's suits) and have an appointment at Impeccable in Hatch End at the weekend.

Thanks!

14 replies

Latest activity by Freckles1977, 20 November, 2011 at 17:35
  • Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

Hello fellow Watfordian!!

My OH is going to Young Bride and Groom at the top of Watford high street. He's been in and ordered them and they have a huge selection, the guy there was really good, OH's brother also used them and had no problems. The best thing about them in my opinion is that they keep all stock on site, so if there are any problems like things missing/not fitting (OH other brother had this with a company they used in Milton Keynes) they are easily rectified by just popping in. They have also been really good as our Best Man lives in the US and won't be here until 7 days before the wedding - this was no problem to them!

Would definitely give them a visit x

Edited to say: I really went off Impeccable when they were at every wedding fair I went to and wouldn't let me stop talking to them until I made an appointment for OH, which I later cancelled and decided I wouldn't be getting the suits from there!

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

I used SuitsDirect in the Hatfield Galleria. My son 11yr old son is pretty small (about the same as some 8yr olds), and they could accomodate him ok.

They are also open Sundays - so that may also be helpful.

Jason

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas-I had thought of Young Bride and Groom as did try some wedding dresses on in there. Must say out of all the bridal shops I went to they were the least helpful but maybe the people in the suit oart are different so will give them a try!

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When's your wedding Gabbance?

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

We are the 18th Feb 2012 (3 months tomorrow, argh!). Whens yours?

I tried on dresses in YB&G as well, and I think they are completely seperate people who run each department (owned by the same person though). I did find a dress I liked there, but ended up getting it at Ellie Sanderson in Beaconsfield in the end, and they are amazing in there!

Do you live in Watford? x

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

May 19th 2012-so 6 months on Saturday.

I also found a dress I loved there too but ended up getting a bargain from a lady that was selling dresses off as her closed her shop. Saved a huge amount of money so very chuffed!!!

Yes, I am a Watford girl!

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content

Woo woo!! Me too, although grew up in Rickmansworth (technically a Watford postcode I know...!)

Whats your Venue? x

• jordas20
    jordas20 ·
    • Hide content

If you can venture further down the A41 I can recommend the Wedding Centre in Marlow, which despite the name has a number of reasonably priced suit hire products.

Kind regards,

Simon

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Getting married at a catholic church in Watford then the reception is at a golf club in Radlett. Wasn't really my first choice-my OH picked but all the places I liked we couldn't afford! It's so expensive! How about you? x

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're getting married in a Catholic church in Rickmansworth, and the our venue is the GrimsDyke (for some reason it doesn't let me say the second word on it's own!) in Harrow Smiley smile

Is your church the big one on the ring road?

I love that someone else on here lives in Watford! Which school did you go to? I was at Joan of Arc x

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, the one on the ring road is Holy Rood. Our one is in North Watford-St Helen's. I went to Holy Rood but moved out of the area when I started secondary school then came back again. My OH went to Joan of Arc though!!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I am a local too!

Can't help on the suit front as Mr C bought his from Next...

Been to a few weddings at the Grimsdyke, food is always amazing! Last one was in October and we sat out in the garden till 4am smoking cigars and drinking tequila!

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in N. Watford! Near TK Maxx and homebase!

• Gabbance
    Beginner February 2012
    Gabbance ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Mrs C - we had our menu taster last night and it was incredible!! I'm gonna be a happy bride eating our menu on our Wedding day!!

• F
    Beginner May 2012
    Freckles1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in North Watford too!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics