Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

1Lucie
Beginner May 2011

Suit hire?Which company?

1Lucie, 17 of October of 2010 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 16

Today we began looking at suits. Went to Moss bros and Greenwoods just to get an idea. There are soo many companies out there, just wondering if which ones are better?

Seen vv bad things about moss bros on net. All compaines seem to be roughly the same price. Any good experiences?

16 replies

Latest activity by Lottie87, 20 of October of 2010 at 20:14
  • Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Having used a number of different places I think Slaters have the best cut of suits, they always seem to fit better and they are competative on the pricing.

Ruth

x

• yummymummy05
    Beginner November 2010
    yummymummy05 ·
    • Hide content

HI,

We've hired ours from Slaters. Very good customer service and prices. They had an offer on when we got the suits. hire 5 and get the 6th free.

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would second Slaters, we used them and they were by far the nicest quality and fit of suits. The staff at store we used (Canterbury) were really helpful, everything turned up when they said and the right size, my son was between sizes on the leg length and to ensure he looked his best, they waited until the suit for him was in, decided what looked best and had them turned up within 24 hours. Brilliant service.

HTH

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

We're using Formal Affair.

Our local branch have been brilliant so far, ordering different length jackets so we get the perfect fit.

Got grooms free and 20% off all the rest

x

• paddyandlin
    Beginner May 2011
    paddyandlin ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure where you are based but we used tux N tails they were really helpful and very friendly

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lucie,

You are right there is a lot of choice. But it does depend on what exactly your OH is looking for. If you want the standard type of thing Edward style jackets or standard tails then you can get those types of suits at all of the hire outlets. Moss Bross, Youngs, Burtons, Debenhams, Slaters, Formal Affair and all of the others. If your OH is looking for something a little different then you have Anthonys, Hugh Harris, Tux n Tails, and my company.

The service and quality of the suits does vary from outlet to outlet. Each formal wear hire business will have a different approach to how that service is run. Some are simply agents for a larger company (and therefor have no direct control over the products you receive), some are part of a franchise (quality of service differs greatly from franchise to franchise), some simply trade hire, they hire in the products to then hire onto you, earning a few pounds per suit. The larger companies will have a central warehouse where the suits are put together and then sent to branch. This is the biggest downfall for the large companies.

I would advise you visit a shop that owns its own stock. The correct sizes are in stock. A place where you are happy with the quality of the suits and the quality of service.

Have a shop around. In my opinion, the guys suits are often overlooked.

This is the Hitched Groomswear page: https://www.hitched.co.uk/mens-wedding-suits/

Thanks

Marc

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I would also recommend Slaters but they don't have many branches compared to some other companies.

I would also recommend Greenwoods. My OH has had suits from there twice in the past year and they've been great both times.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

We have never ever had a problem with moss bros so we are going to them for my hubby2be and bridal party. i no ppl have had problems, but we havent

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Whenever we have needed to hire a suit, it has always been from Moss Bros and we never had any problems...my husband works in their headoffice so that may have something to do with it but I also used to hire them with my ex-boyfriend and other men friends.

• Lottie87
    Beginner
    Lottie87 ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone tried Burtons? I didn't even know they did wedding suit hire but saw it advertised in store the other day.

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

We've gone with Dyfed Menswear a locak company in south wales had several recommendations from friends and so far can't fault them

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We are using Pronuptia in Nottingham, they are fantastic and the service was brilliant! x

• O
    Beginner June 2011
    onedaybride ·
    • Hide content

Lottie - Burtons hire the same range as Debenhams.

Has anyone ever used http://hireweardirect.co.uk/wedding-wear/nouveau.html ? My OH really wants the nouveau suit, but Debenhams have discontinued it as of the end of this year, and Moss hire is extortionate! I don't know where else we can hire it from either.

• E
    Ex-Moss Bros ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes head office twats always get special treatment. They never get old vintage garments sent to them like regular punters stupid enough to pay full price! Is your husband Brian Brick by any chance????

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My daughter is going to have Burtons for her wedding in March so I'll let you know! She looked around and liked the suits they have best and the fact that they had loads of colour choices in waistcoats etc.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

If anyone is in Bristol I can reccomend Dom from

http://www.theoriginalmobilemenswear.com/80200/contact.php
    Great range & a really great service. He actually comes to the house to do all the measuremens & delivers & picks them all up after the wedding.
  • Lottie87
    Beginner
    Lottie87 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks onedaybride that makes me feel a bit more confident about them ?

Oooh and thanks rainbow florist I'll keep an eye out for your verdict

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics