Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

PinkButterfly
Beginner June 2014

Suits

PinkButterfly, 2 of January of 2014 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 20

Why is it so hard to find standard simple suits for hire! I really really really dislike wedding suits (thankfully so does my OH) and I'm trying to find something that looks modern and dapper at the same time,

we are a young couple and I feel what the wedding party wears should reflect that!

anyway I found this suit

I love it and knew my OH would as well... Showed it to him and he does! However it's quite a bit over budget, but while we are happy to splash out for his suit we are hoping to find something similar, closer to budget... But so far nothing! Most places only seem to offer the same kind of 'box' fitting prince Edward, Lincoln or morning suits!

we have also consider tuxedos but I'd much prefer have just nice suits like the above!

This is actually worse than looking for my dress and bridesmaid dresses!

Anyone able to suggest somewhere that May have what we are after?

20 replies

Latest activity by HappyPurpleHair1339, 8 of March of 2019 at 12:52
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

We won't be hireing suits as we aren't really keen on traditional wedding suits (although when I see them on other people they do look nice).

When you think that hireing a suit from somewhere like Moss Bros can be £100-130 per suit you'd be better off just buying one.

I don't know what your budget is but why not look in the sales and see what you can get?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Yes you could always just buy the Grooms suit as he will always be able to wear it again, and then try to get the rest of the suit chaps you need to wear their own in the same colour and just pay for their waistcoats and ties. Or just keep it to the groom and best man.

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

I know a few guys who have been to Bicester village to get their suit - and very successfully! Hugo Boss, Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Reiss etc all have modern suits at outlet prices if you're not too picky on exact colour/style. Depends where you're based though.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

So when it's comes to suits these guys are a very hard bunch to please!!!! They all wear fairly expensive suit with the exception if one! All the other guys always comment on the fact that they wouldn't wear his suits! (Guys are just as catty as girls at times)

I'm not keen on buying their suits unless they are willing to make an contribution hence why we've chosen to go down the hiring route! The suit I flashed above is just shy of £800 while hiring would be about £120!

I've said to OH we could hire that suit for him and best man! But for the other guys we need to find an alternative.... It's just where to find the alternative!

I would happily go to next or somewhere like that however I know they guys wouldn't be down with that at all, so back to square one!!!

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I go to Bicester regularly, but had not thought of this for OH's suit - flippin' brilliant - thank you!

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I may suggest this to them but it is bit if a trek for us! I guess if we find reasonably priced suits then that could be also their gift from us as well... This wedding lark is so expensive!

just remembered I also need fruits for 3 little people ages 8 & 6!

running away to hide head In sand!

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

We are having exactly the same problem as you. We have 3 rather slim men and the boxy suits look silly on them. The only slim fit suit we found was for well over £500 and there is now way our budget can stretch that far.

Have you had a look on Next? I'm on there now and they do mens suits starting at £79.

X

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

If these guys all wear expensive suits and have them anyway why do you need other ones for them? Wouldn't they be better just wearing their own suits and if you want them to look co-ordinated you could match ties and button holes perhaps. Then you'd find it far easier to get a suitable suit for the most important man of all.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Because we want them all in the same suit... Style /colour!

one has but the other hasn't... It gets confusing!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

We had this same problem. I looked everywhere for slim fit suits to hire rather than traditional wedding suits with no luck.

My groom is going to buy his own suit so he looks extra special but I've had to compromise on the other guys. I wanted grey 3 piece and wanted the groomsmen to match because I was worried they would blend into the guests if they didn't.

We chose silk 3 piece suits from Austin Reed. I went in with OH and got him to try it on and it wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be - the standard grey suits looked a bit like school uniform. The silk ones have a slightly different styling which looks more 'special'. We have also requested that the guys get their own shirts and ties as the Shop assistant said the shirts and ties that come as part of the hire package are quite big. I think the slim fit shirts that the boys want to wear will help the look more modern.

This was the best of a bad situation in my eyes and I'm sure when they are all dressed up in the right sizes they will look fab.

So basically I cant offer much except that i feel your pain!

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    claireanne89 ·
    • Hide content

My OH suits are from a shop in Woking called Stephen Bishop, we're hiring 3 of them but my OH is buying his and having it tailored as standard sizes just didn't sit right.

All of them are the same and look very similar to your picture. The tailored suit was only £349 which I think is very reasonable for a tailored suit.

the total was £779 including all shirts, waistcoats .

I'm not sure if this helps but it's worth trying him to see what he can do.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

We are going for slim fit and OH is just buying his suit. The best men are all wearing suits they already have and OH will have a lovely new one. Luckily I'm not too fussed about the boys and colours matching - and it's saved us a lot of hassle and money. Just going to bring it all together with them all wearing button holes.

There's some great sales on at the moment - Austin Reed and Moss brothers had lovely Italian suits. We'll probably get OH fitted in one of those and get his in Marks and Spencer or even Burtons.

• V
    varunsharma ·
    • Hide content

Hi, There is a really good tried and tested source called Hangrr where you can buy customized suits. The best part is that it is inexpensive as well which is most likely to fall in your budget.

Hope this helps.

• V
    varunsharma ·
    • Hide content

Hi, There is a really good tried and tested source called Hangrr where you can buy customized suits. The best part is that it is inexpensive as well which is most likely to fall in your budget.

Hope this helps.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Not really.

Trawling for threads 6 months old about suits in order to comment like that is just irritating.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mrsbee2b ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Bicester village. OH got his suit there from Gieves and Hawkes, the same suit was almost £1500 on there website and we only paid £700. It is very similar to the one you have pictured. We're also a fairly young couple so instead of having matching suits we have just asked that the men of the family wear a dark blue or navy suit.

Good luck x

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Well as long as you're not voting for Hangrr, I guess that's ok. LOL.

See above.

• H
    HappyPurpleHair1339 ·
    • Hide content

Suits give a classy, stylish and an outstanding look to men. In the wedding, black or navy blue tuxedo look great. Gents garment shops in Amravati have the best collection for the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics