Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Suits, Wo do you get them for???

BrogstarBride, 28 October, 2012 at 12:24 Posted on Planning 0 7

Do you get matching suits waistcoat cravat etc for your ushers aswell?! Are they in your wedding photos? Or is it just groom, best man, father of groom and father of bride? x

7 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 28 October, 2012 at 20:32
  • ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

I would say groom, best man and ushers. Best man is equivalent of maid of honour and ushers are equivalent of bridesmaids so they would all be in the photos. I wouldn't get suits for the fathers or outfits for the mothers but I suppose you can choose to if you want them to match.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Most weddings I've been to have the groom, best man, ushers and both fathers in suits.

This is what I did.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

We're not having ushers, but in weddings we've been to where there are, they've been matching.

We're doing Groom, 2xBest men, ring bearer, and FOB. We have offered FOG but he's awkward and didnt want to (keeping in mind, he hardly ever leaves the house so theres no way we'll get him measured).

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

We had groom, best man and ushers. The Dads wore their own suits, which was their choice. Usually they would have matching too, but it's whatever you want really.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We had the groom, best man and our dads in morning suits. Our male usher wore his own suit and had a tie which matched the bridal party and a buttonhole, and our female usher wore a dress of her own choosing in the same colour and with a buttonhole.

I have been to weddings where all the ushers wore matching suits and ones where they don't. Depends how tight your budget is and how keen you are on everything being perfectly matching.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

We are paying for Groom and Best Man. I think they will buy rather than rent.

My Dad and two brothers and his Dad and two brothers have also voiced they would like to match each other- they can do as they please style wise! I think they will rent theirs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics