Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2024 Nottinghamshire

Suit/tie arrangements for fob and fog

Amy, 25 of March of 2022 at 09:43 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 5
Hello my fellow brides, just a quick question here.. My dad and partners dad are going to be wearing the same suit as the groom and groomsmen but wanted to check if you give them the same tie or is it supposed to be different? (the groom will have a different tie colour than the rest of the party) but just wasn't sure. I think it needs to be different or have something different to show they aren't part of the groomsmen if that makes sense?
Any ideas would be much appreciated 😁 x

5 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 25 of March of 2022 at 16:24
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    You can do anything really. Our Dads aren’t wearing the same suits or anything, but if they were I think they would have different ties and pocket squares, probably just their own ones. Like you say, you want them to be a little different from the groomsmen. Another way to differentiate them is with different buttonholes too.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

It really is up to you, there is no right or wrong, is your day so you choose what you want. i would say if groom is having one colour and groomsmen another then the Dads could have same as groomsmen, or if you want them to stand out from them another colour, if you can incorporate a 3rd colour

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it really matters - I'm guessing there will be a biggish gap between the groomsmen and dads so it will probably be obvious who they are anyway. I've been to weddings where the fathers have worn the same and to weddings where they've worn something totally different. Why don't you ask what they'd like?

• A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah very true! I'm not bothered about if people know they aren't part of the groomsmen as like you say people will know lol but just didn't know if there was a formality of what dad's should wear. We have asked and they both would be delighted to wear the same but maybe I'll get pocket squares in different colours 😁
  • A
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for this idea! 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics