Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Summer brides - what are you wearing on your legs, if anything?

4 April, 2011 at 20:51 Posted on Planning 0 6

Let me explain - I hate going bare-legged under skirts, my legs feel all sweaty and gross, I only wear tights in cooler weather. I had figured I'd wear light tights under my wedding dress but one of my BMs reckons I'll just be sweaty and uncomfortable. So I can be sweaty in tights or sweaty without or - what? Am I missing some obvious wonder-solution? Popsocks? Bloomers? Or is it just me who thinks this is an issue?

6 replies

Latest activity by summer_bee, 5 April, 2011 at 11:24
  • BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm a June bride and not planning on wearing anything on my legs, my BF wore stockings under her dress for her wedding in February and said they were very comfy all day if that helps.

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

*TMI alert*

My weight fluctuates and when I am a bit heavier (which I am now) I get VERY uncomfortable without tights on in the summer, because my thighs rub together. So I just wear a thin pair of flesh-coloured tights. I just feel more confident with them on. If it is really, really too hot for tights I spray deodorant very liberally down my thighs and that stops them rubbing but you do have to reapply during the day.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

July bride here. And I wont be wearing a darn thing underneath. Ok.. there will be knickers.. just no tights or stockings.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I'm an August bride, and praying it will be too hot to wear anything.

If I had to wear something it would be very sheer hold ups - Jasper Conran ones from Debenhams are very tight, but it does mean you have to be very careful pulling them on.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I'm positive that you can get 'summer legs' tights from pretty Polly or M&S. They have a cool technology thing on them. I think they are 7 or 10 denier. I will be looking for some of these as I dont want to be trussed up like a chicken with a suspender belt and stockings all day!!

I may put on the sussies at the end of the night for hubbie to enjoy.

• P
    Beginner August 2011
    Pinki Hels ·
    • Hide content

August bride: and my aim to is not wear anything on my legs - To be honest I hadn't even thought about wearing anything accept my sandle shoes

• summer_bee
    Beginner July 2011
    summer_bee ·
    • Hide content

I have not decided whether to wear a thin stockings or go bare but either way will do. Well after reading all your comments up there, I'm wondering, what dress are you wearing for summer? Is it going to be thick with many layers??? I haven't got a dress yet but will get it within this month. So Summer Brides, mind flashing your dress?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics