Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
Beginner September 2009

Sunbedders, lotion or no lotion?

Little.Miss-Scatterbrain, 19 August, 2009 at 21:08 Posted on Planning 0 9

That is the question.

I have only been on a sunbed once prior to my recent escapades and am just looking for some advice from more regular users regarding when to step it up and how effective all that lotion stuff actually is.

TIA

Axxx

9 replies

Latest activity by HatTrick, 19 August, 2009 at 22:40
  • twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

I have become a user after some disastrous tan lines and needed to "even" myself out.

ive just been using lotion on my whiter bits and i like to think it is working

nearly all even after 4 sessions (a 6 min and 3 9mins)

HTH

• FutureMrsCover
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsCover ·
    • Hide content

I would just get a spray tan instead, quicker (overall), easier, and can be cheaper, not to mention safer. have you tried those moisturisers with some fake tan in? i use them and they are really good for just boosting your colour.

x

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

LMS if you don't mind me asking - why would you want to do that?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Easy, no sunbed, lolol.

Be pale, be proud, lass! Smiley smile)

• shoegal01
    Beginner October 2010
    shoegal01 ·
    • Hide content

22tango why do you ask that, she is obviously going on them because she wants a nice glow of her wedding! LMS- in answer to ur question I wouldn't bother with the creams, they just make me red for about a hour and that's it! I don't think they help much with tanning. The ladies at ur salon should be able to advise u when beds to use and for how long to get the best results. I would begin low say 6 mind and increase by a minute every other time

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Im with shoegal on this the creams make my skin red, not sore as in sunburnt red but that colour, which goes after an hour or so but i dont think they make you any browner. x

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice.

to explain a bit, i have a skin thing that looks horrible and only goes when i have a tan, since the last few weeks have been p!shing it down, i seemed to be nightshift when we had all the lovely weather and i HATE spray tans it seems the only way to do it is with sunbeds. two a week for 2 weeks isnt exactly excessive!

x

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

I understand, im in a similar position to you, i have a skin condition which the sun clears up, but it needs to be regular, i go once a week and im definatly not oranged or even looking overly tanned, but it keeps the condition under control thats why i do it. i know its dangerous and all that but it was actually recommended to me by my doctor lol.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

Hey LMS,

In the past I have used sunbeds - did get a lovely colour without using creams but I did one 2 minute sessions a week. I stopped with the sunbeds as I am very mole-y and was concerned about the skin cancer risks (quite a few females in my family have had cancerous moles removed).

I'd even use an SPF in them/ sunblock on moles. I have loads more freckles on my face after using the sunbeds and prolonged exposure can lead to premature aging. A friend o'mine is always immaculately turned out - stunning girl but used sunbeds 3-4 times a week and now has skin like an old leather handbag.

As a previous poster said - the moisturisers with slight tan in are quite good, my experience of spray tans isn't fantastic but if it's a skin condition have you seen a dermatologist? Not teaching you to suck eggs petal but just a thought! :-) x

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I know sunbeds are supposed to be dangerous, but lets face it most people do soemthing thats bad for them eg. drinking, smoking etc. For my wedding I will definitely be going on a sunbed. I don't trust the spray tans or lotions (and believe me I've tried many in my time and just look like I've been tango-ed!)

My experience of the creams sold in the tanning shop is that they are very expensive and a complete waste of money. I did read an article that your tan develops a lot better if you moisturise your skin so whenever I use beds I just put normal moisturising cream on x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics