Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2014

Sunburn...strap lines :-(

katie80uk, 26 of July of 2014 at 20:31 Posted on Planning 0 12

Didn't even think today in the sunshine, went out for lovely walk and lunch with OH and kids,came home and got changed only to realise I'd burnt my shoulders and have bad strap lines....with 10 weeks to go till the wedding :-( think it might have to be sunbed time :-(

12 replies

Latest activity by Helenia, 27 of July of 2014 at 13:42
  • Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Don't sunbed on top of burnt skin!

Put on loads of aloe vera/aftersun, keep covered up and suncreamed for the next few weeks and see how it looks once it's less angry.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Iv got strap lines with 34 ( I'm sure it's 34!!) days to go! I'm just going to wear strapless tops from now on and if it dosnt go use the same bare minerals I'm useing do my face, on my back and shoulders as it seems to cover a lot for me!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Gosh I wish I kept any sort of tan for ten weeks! Surely your tan marks don't usually last that long? Mine have normally gone after two.

As Helenia said, never use a sunbed on burnt skin!

Just use aftersun liberally and make sure you put at least factor 15 everyday to ensure you don't get marks again.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure it will have gone within 10 weeks, don't worry Smiley smile

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Let it calm down for at least a couple of weeks, and then strapless tops only, even if its cloudy! It'll balance itself out a bit, and fade a fair bit by then

• K
    Beginner October 2014
    katie80uk ·
    • Hide content

I tan so easily so will still have tan marks in 10 weeks, still got strap marks on my feet from last summers sandals that haven't faded.

My dress isn't strapless thank god but will still slightly show. Its meant to be nice tomorrow so strapless top and try even it out :-)

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Deliberately trying to get more burnt is also not the best idea!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Use sun screen and lots of it. High factor where you've already caught the sun and lower where you haven't that will help even it out. If you've burnt though you really should cover up for a few days, then go with the sunscreen/blocking. But in all honesty the chances of you getting fully even now I would have said are slim but you can even it out. It will fade in ten weeks tho and will be more noticeable to you than others. X

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    Bobbin_Up ·
    • Hide content

I second all previous advice and also want to add- try out a spray tan! I had my practice one last week and it's super-natural and sunkissed- people say I look well, not tango-ed!

• xoxoxo2017
    Beginner May 2017
    xoxoxo2017 ·
    • Hide content

I've been thinking about this for next summer.... I do not own boob tubes and wont buy them as I hate them, so thinking either cover up or pull my straps down under my arm pits........ Tan lines show up in photos dont they!

Maybe you should put some body butter over your burns each night and see how they look in a few weeks...?? I'd think sun bedding on top of the burn will only make it worse if not break your skin.

• SakuraYuna
    Dedicated November 2016
    SakuraYuna ·
    • Hide content

I strongly recommend avoiding sunbeds! Skin cancer risk just isn't worth it. I suggest keep well moisturised and use after sun etc and it should be plenty of time to fade.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, forgot to say this earlier! A spray tan should even things out and is (hopefully!) less likely to rub off onto your dress than cover-up makeup. Plus much less painful and less skin cancer risk than getting more burnt.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics