Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner September 2022 East Central London

Sunday wedding or wait another 7 months?

Nicole, 9 of November of 2021 at 13:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

My dream venue has contacted me to say they have a Saturday in April 2023. However, we had our hearts set on next year to fit around our plans for children.
They do have Sundays in Sept/Oct 2022 - but my partner is not keen. He is the driving force behind having children sooner rather than later so my question is: do we marry on a Sunday next year or do we wait for a Saturday in April 2023? Has anyone regretted a Sunday wedding? Anything aside the obvious to consider?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Sophiehannah, 10 of November of 2021 at 19:22
  • Emily
    Savvy September 2023 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

We're getting married on a Sunday. It suits out budget more and being a weekend means that my Fiance's little boy/nieces/nephews etc will be there. Personally i don't see an issue with a wedding on a Sunday. Everybody will know in advance and can make arrangments/book time off work if they wish to. My closest friends and family have already said they are booking time off, one of my MOH has booked the whole week!

Hope this helps x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

My friend had a Sunday and it was great, made no odds to me as I booked the Monday off, but be mindful of Sept Oct if you have people with kids as she found a lot of her guests had left by 9pm as the kids had school the next day, even those that didn't bring the kids left early as they had to do school run the next day. some also left early as they didn't have the leave to take or didn't want to, which is their choice. also her venue was an hour away from where most of her guest and she lived, so travel time is something to factor in as again people will leave earlier to get home at a reasonable time if they are not off on the Monday. She felt a little deflated as she didn't get to spend much time with people in the evening. Maybe sound out a few of your guests that are key to you and see if they are good with it. Do they have the August BH Sunday available, as then people wouldn't need to take the Monday off and is not that far from your original September plan. Is a difficult one as you have your future plans so is really down to if you are comfortable with some people not coming or leaving early x

• Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    Were getting married on a Sunday it was better for our budget at the venue we wanted. X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics