Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2020

Sunday wedding/copying a friend

LuxuriousGoldDecor76827, 13 of November of 2019 at 13:57 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi all,

We are about to book our wedding for a Sunday in Nov 2020. My first concern is that people won't want to come, if they feel they need to take time off work. I am about to send my Save The Dates (Which I have already made myself) so that everyone has just under a year to make arrangements. The reason for a Sunday wedding in 2020 was because it was £3500 cheaper than 2021 and £6500 than a Saturday. Which leads me onto my next query..

My friend is getting married abroad in Sep 2020, she is eloping and coming home to have a massive party in Oct. I don't want her to feel like I am taking away from her shine because we have moved our wedding to Nov 2020. We simply could not afford the 2021 as we are paying for it ourselves and to be honest, I don't want to wait to be married to my fiance!

Am I just overthinking it all with the stress?

1 replies

Latest activity by wyslijkwiaty, 18 of November of 2019 at 18:58
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You're overthinking! A few years back, several of my close friends got married the same summer - there was a wedding every couple of weeks. No one minded.

It's not as if you are having the wedding on the same weekend. People will be able to go to both events. And your friend should understand your reasons. If you're still worried, maybe have a chat with her and explain why you've moved the wedding date. If she's in the middle of planning a wedding party herself, she should understand all about budgets and cost concerns!

• wyslijkwiaty
    wyslijkwiaty ·
    • Hide content

Trust me this is not a problem.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics