Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious April 2023 Bristol

Sunday weddings......

Robyn Amos, 27 of July of 2021 at 19:53 Posted on Planning 0 6
Has anyone had a Sunday wedding? It falls on a bank holiday weekend so it's not like people will be going into work the next day. Has anyone done it and was it OK? Xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 29 of July of 2021 at 09:44
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I'm not having one myself but I've been to two Sunday weddings before and one was on a bank holiday which was great!
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Ours is August bank holiday Sunday this year, my view is everyone has the next day off work so it’s like a Saturday really
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

If it's a bank holiday weekend think that's always preferable but I would still give plenty of notice as lots of people plan to go away on bank holidays! We had one in August bank hols in Cornwall before so we made a week of it which was lovely x

• Mandalorian
    Curious July 2022 Devon
    Mandalorian ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a Sunday wedding but because I'm a teacher I had to leave early and not drink. I still had fun! If I was in another job, I'd have happily taken Monday off. That's what most other people did and they all had a blast. So with yours a bank holiday the next day is no problem at all! Go for it! It's a free party for your pals with all food and drink paid for - what other occasions do you get that in life! Smiley smile
  • MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a Sunday wedding in 2019. Took the Monday off, no problem! 🙂
    If it's a bank holiday - even better! X
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    My wedding is a Sunday. Not a bank holiday though. We’ve had no problems with it being a Sunday, suppliers had availability and the only extra expense was it was more expensive for the registrar to come out on a Sunday.
    All of our guests have confirmed and are happy it’s a Sunday. Most have booked the Monday off work but if it’s bank holiday then you won’t need to worry about that.
    I’m loving that it’s a Sunday ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics