Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

firefairy
Beginner June 2013

sunflowers and june

firefairy, 7 May, 2012 at 18:53 Posted on Planning 0 3

My OH and I decided we wanted sunflowers on our tables as they are the first flowers he gave me. However, our wedding is at the end of june and I have just twigged that normally sunflowers bloom later in july/aug/sept.

Anyone with floristy experience know whether it would be possible to buy sunflowers in june?!

3 replies

Latest activity by firefairy, 8 May, 2012 at 10:39
  • V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

I imagine you can but you'll pay a premium for them because they'll have to be imported.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Hi I am having suflowers in Aug, we were advised silk was the best way to go due to the difficulty and expense of getting natural ones all in the same shades. I hate the orangey/browny shade and knew I wanted to have the pure yellow with almost black centres, and various florists advised this could be hard. Silk has worked out at around/less than £300 for everything we need. haven't got my proofs yet, but the florist is making my own designs using this style flower:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

As Pandorasbox says, there are some new varieties of fresh sunflowers around which are in darker shades of yellow and these are the trend for cut flowers at the moment. You may be able to get hold of the yellow ones in June - I've bought them myself in the Summer for the house as I love them but your florist may not be able to guarantee the shading.

• firefairy
    Beginner June 2013
    firefairy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I'm not too worried about matching the shading as we're not really having a colour theme, its the sunflowers themselves that have the important meaning to us! Fingers crossed well get something sorted, I'll set my OH on that job to find out whilst I'm away over the summer!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics