Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kierenthecommunity
Beginner May 2005

super dull...how do you stick your tax disc to the car window?

kierenthecommunity, 23 of November of 2008 at 17:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

I know, i know ?

i bought one of those cheapy ones from the post office...the ones which are supposed to self-adhere to the window. but its fecked and currently limply lying on the dashboard where i'm sure one day it will fall out of the car and be lost (not that that's happened before. oh no)

i'm sure in our house somewhere we have one of those larger sticky ones from the rac or similar, you know, the rectangular ones? but can i find it? can i buggery. ☹️

i think when i got the car it had one of those but it sort of dried up in the sun and broke off when i tried to put a new disc in. and left a right sticky mess (fnarrrr) on the window

so i'm looking on the bay and they don't seem to sell ones which aren't the cling to window/tackily themed/metallic (how do they work?) types

i could do with one where i could also put the crappy square of card that we have as a parking permit

any ideas? (or shall i just get the sellotape out?)

9 replies

Latest activity by NancieNTack, 5 of September of 2024 at 05:43
  • flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

Yep, that's pretty dull ?

I've got one of those magnetic ones - where you stick the metal circle to the windscreen, and then pop the tax disc in between that and a magnetic backing. It's been stuck fast on for about three years now. Job's a good un.

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

But how the blinkin' flip does a magnet stick to glass?

i know i was a bit shyte at physics but even i know glass isn't magnetic...

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

With the additional magic of sticky backing ? As the magnetic disc never has to be removed from the screen, they can use strong gloooo to make it stay put.

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

Oh i seeeeeeeee...?

• flailing wildly
    flailing wildly ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't exactly crystal clear, to be fair ?. I'm suffering from a higher than normal stupidity level, brought on by a two day hangover. Ouch.

• essexmum
    Beginner August 2009
    essexmum ·
    • Hide content

I know it's a bit late now but I got mine from the RBL, they sell them along side the poppies.

You could always go to Halford and see whatthey've got. Whatever you do don;t get one from Next, I did a few year back and although it looked nice and stuck fast to the windwcreen (nice metal round one) to replace the tax disc you had to prize it apart with an allen key, the bloody thing is impossible to get apart if you loose said allen key (which I did!).

• kierenthecommunity
    Beginner May 2005
    kierenthecommunity ·
    • Hide content

Doh. can't believe i didn't think of looking in halfords

there's one over the road from where i work too ?

• francesca
    Beginner August 2013
    francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've lost the allen key too so the disc is sort of pushed into it but not in properly iyswim. We're classy us.

• E
    Beginner May 2005
    Ellena ·
    • Hide content

With one of these Smiley smile

For our parking permit, it comes with some thick sticky backed plastic, perhaps you could buy a bit?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics