Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2013

Supplier contracts?

SpottieDottie, 27 April, 2012 at 14:31 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All

We've just started booking our main suppliers and I'm just wondering whether you've found that it's standard practice (as I would have expected) for each supplier to provide a signed copy of their contract once you've sent it back to them?

We paid one of our main suppliers a few weeks ago and returned the booking form then had absolutely no acknowledgement. I chased them for a copy of the contract / booking form a week ago and they promised they would get it sent out but we still haven't received anything. TBH, I'm a tad annoyed as (a) I'm now starting to worry they won't be reliable and (b) not having a contract means that we're not covered by our insurance. Argh! I'm tempted to email them to tell them this but don't want to seem demanding and unreasonable but to me, it's just not professional, is it?

What everyone else's experience re receiving back copies of supplier contracts?

7 replies

Latest activity by martyncroston, 28 April, 2012 at 17:16
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea you need a contract or a reciept at the very least depending who the supplier is. Chase away!!

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We mainly have written email confirmation which I've printed out so I have a hard copy too. For our photographer we'll have written terms, I just need to send of our copy first. Cake is a good friend but I still have a receipt in writing from her. As long as I have something in writing then I'm pretty happy with that.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Our venue sent us a confirmation pack with a signed copy of the terms, receipt for deposit, and all sorts of other stuff, on top of an email confirmation. Our photographer also sent us a congratulations letter and signed contract with terms in the post once we'd sent the deposit. and our DJ originally sent us 2 signed contracts for us to sign and return one to him, but only after we had agreed all the terms via email.

I'd be worried if I didn't get these things automatically. It's as much for the protection of the business as the consumer.

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    SpottieDottie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, you've confirmed what I expected - it's the photographer I'm chasing as I would have expected to receive the contract etc as Venart says above.

Having chased them tho, I do have a brief email confirmation to say that the date is booked - do you think this would suffice in lieu of a contract for insurance purposes?

Think I'm gonna have to chase them again and risk annoying them, grrrrr

• Puddycat
    Beginner December 2012
    Puddycat ·
    • Hide content

We are in the same boat but it is our reception venue! We have a written receipt for the deposit and various emails but no actual contract. Goal posts are now being moved!!

Do not feel like you are hounding them. They are providing a service and it shouldn't matter if you pay £5 or £5000 for that service it is still a service!!

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I have had written receipts, emails and confirmation letters from all my suppliers bar my hairdresser but I haven't paid for her yet just booked her. I got them all without asking. I have them all printed out in a folder.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

When I started out I never gave a contract and then I was asked for one, they drafted it and I have used it ever since (tweaked a little mind you).

If asked, they should be able to put something together for you to confirm everything.

• martyncroston
    martyncroston ·
    • Hide content

They should sign it and you shouldn't feel bad in asking them for the signed contract. At the end of the day, it is a reasonable request considering you are paying them for their services.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics