Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner February 2021 West London

Supplier encouraging booking at Wedding Fayre - why?

Lagunium, 22 of January of 2023 at 22:03 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all,

Looking at suit hire, and spoken to a supplier.

I thought calling them directly they’d be only too keen to book me in for an appointment, but they were encouraging me to sign up for appointments at a wedding fayre, where they offer a not insubstantial discount.

I’m just a little confused - is there some reason I’m not seeing that means it benefits them more if I sign up at a Fayre rather than direct? Should it be making me suspicious of the supplier at all? Just wondering what I’m missing with it - thanks for any help and insight!

2 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 23 of January of 2023 at 12:43
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Sometimes they offer a discount at the fayre, but other han that I can't see the benefit. It may be more to do with their targets to get bookings at the fayre, which is about underhand. I would call back and ask why, as if you are not intending to go to the fayre it seems a bit odd and not great business sense on their part to push that as the only way to book
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

It may be that they do not have a physical high street type showroom and its easier for them at a fayre. Although they must have something for people to be fitted.

As most suppliers tend to be sole traders and not massive nationwide businesses I don't think they have targets as such but are just happy to get something out of them. Its almost impossible to quantify anyway as people may book months after first seeing you at a wedding fayre, some will even tell me they saw me at a fayre that I didn't even do !

By them encouraging you to visit them at a fayre I do not see any reason to be suspicious.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics