Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsO'L
Beginner April 2018

Supplier Issues - I think I am being ignored!

FutureMrsO'L, 31 of January of 2017 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 3

This post is probably a little bit pointless but I really feel the need to vent my frustration! I placed an order with a lady for all of our artificial flowers for our Wedding. It was a large order, consisting of over 6 bouquets, a top table piece & some additional flowers to go on our tables. Before placing the order, the communication with the lady was absolutely fantastic, she would reply to my emails within minutes of me sending them to her & was beyond helpful. I was so excited, especially as all the examples of her work that I have been able to find look AMAZING.

However, since placing the order & processing the payment in full nearly 4 weeks ago, she has been the most difficult person to get hold of. We didn't hear from her for two weeks, until I messaged inquiring about an update as we were assured that we would be sent photos & examples of the arrangements coming together as she created them. She wasn't replying to my emails at all & I eventually, a week later, reached out to her on FB. She apparently was not getting my emails & was very apologetic at not having got back to me sooner. She sent me over a photo of an example of the colours coming together & I went back to her wondering whether she could tweak it a little. She assured me that she would try what I had asked & get a photo over to me that afternoon. This was last Tuesday & I have not heard a word from her since.

I messaged her again on FB yesterday morning, but she hasn't looked at it, despite the fact that her page is listed as 'Typically responds within minutes'. I sent another one this morning, but this one isn't even delivering to her now.

I am at a complete loss on what to do, I am so upset at being seemingly completely ignored & feel like now that she has got the payment, she literally could not care less.

I am so tempted to try to cancel my order, but then I am worried that I am maybe being a bit hasty? I have stressed to her several times that we are by no means in a rush for our order (our wedding isn't until 2018). However I would really just like her to let me know how long I should expect the process to take, just so that I can manage my expectations correctly. I don't think it helps that on her website it states all orders will be shipped within 15 working days & we have passed this point now. It is making me really concerned as she was so fab & helpful with her communication, right up until the point where she had our money!!! It just looks really bad on her & its very upsetting.

Anyone else experienced something like this before? Is there any way to stop myself from worrying?

3 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsO'L, 31 of January of 2017 at 17:17
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

It may not be the issue here but so many times a bride has thought that I have not replied only to find my email sitting in their junk box, even when after they have sent me an email you would of though that would flag up my reply as being safe, its mainly if I have included a link or jpegs (just like you ) and also I find that hotmail accounts seem to have the most sensitive overactive spam filters. Is your or hers a Hotmail one by any chance ?

• T
    Beginner April 2017
    TashAndOwl ·
    • Hide content

I definitely understand why this is bothering you but in all likelihood everything is absolutely fine!

I hate talking on the phone and prefer to organise most things online but in situations like this I think the best thing to do is give her a call. If you keep trying to read things into the typical response time on her Facebook page you might drive yourself a bit mad! I have got stressed about things like this so many times but then felt so reassured after speaking to an actual person. You generally get a much better sense of your relationship in person or over the phone as you might misinterpret (or over-interpret) an email, and Facebook messages are really only good for very brief communications, so you're probably not getting the full story there.

Good luck, hope you can get in touch soon and feel more relaxed!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

You might have already, but a straight forward phone call is the best way to reach out after the initial communications are sorted.

The problem is that currently people use Facebook, Email, Skype, Whatsapp, Instagram, Text message to my phone at 11pm at night (yes really), Twitter, Twitter DM, Google+ and so on. But rarely by phone which, I always pick up and I'm there, right there, immediately.

All these other methods are the sort that can get buried in a sea of notifications, they're clunky and while handy for the consumer pretty rubbish to keep track of if you run a business.

Email is the best way to keep a ledger of a conversation but phone for immediate response.

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thank you all so much for replying - I have taken your advice & given her a call. Everything is okay & we have since been sent a couple of progress pictures so we are getting there now which is very exciting & I am very happy!

I am glad it was all worry over nothing Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics