Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Estina
Savvy October 2024 Gloucestershire

Suppliers guilt

Estina, 18 of May of 2023 at 20:53 Posted on Planning 0 3
Has anyone else felt what I'm calling suppliers guilt.
We verbally agreed to work with a lovely lady for our invitations and I contacted her last year October. All the quotes have come though but it was like pulling teeth. I had to ask for each bit then was told as my wedding is so far away she will contact me in July for a design concept talk.
We haven't paid for anything as of yet and I've been very worried because I'm be put off saying its too early. We contacted another supplier and she was great, super excited about our concept and design. This company is more expensive than the 1st company we were speaking too but we love this new companies work and vibe. We now want to book with the new company. However I feel guilty because we were so fixated on the 1st company. I feel bad that we want to change so much so I am putting off paying for it.Has anyone else felt like this.

3 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 28 of May of 2023 at 11:20
  • C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

Just my opinion - your wedding is still nearly 18 months away just under so I really wouldn't worry about it, if you've not paid any deposits for anyone yet you're free to look around and see what you like. Can't think anyone would mind if you told them soonish you changed your mind for a years time?! Good luck planning xx

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

While I agree with the supplier that July is plenty of time to start planning invitations, that's not really the point - you are the customer and if you want to plan your invites more than a year in advance, that's your choice. The fact that you've taken 10 months to get to this stage (with a lot of hassling) suggests that she's very much focussed on working to her timescale and not to her clients' timescales. So if you feel the new supplier will be more likely to get the job done in a timely manner, then switch. As long as you haven't committed to paying the first supplier, it's not going to cost you anything, and since she hasn't done any work for you yet, it's not like she's going to be left out of pocket.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The best thing you can do for them is tell them that you have now gone with someone else.

They may be keeping your date and turning others away - perhaps not in this case with invites but other suppliers may only be working on 1 wedding per day and the sooner you tell them they can release the day.

Also they will still have all of your contact details on file and by letting them know they can then delete them all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics