Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Z
Beginner September 2015

Supplies for sweet table

Zozo222, 12 of April of 2015 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all, for those of you who have done/are doing a sweet table, where did you pick up all the supplies please? Jars, bags, scoops, sweets? Anything else I've forgotten?

Thank youl

10 replies

Latest activity by Lexi_K, 13 of April of 2015 at 07:22
  • E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

This is my trial to get the layout right for the venue to copy.

Striped bags from Ebay, vintage pressed glassware from charity shops, clear plastic scoops from Home Bargains (79p for 3!), cheap ice tongs from Ebay, sweeties from Makro.

• Z
    Beginner September 2015
    Zozo222 ·
    • Hide content

Loving the vintage look of those and I'm definitely going to home bargains to get some scoops! Thank you Smiley smile

do you have to be a member of Macro and/or in business?

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content

You do have to have a card (usually as a business). Ask around your friends/work colleagues...I used my MILs card but know lots of people that have them for one reason or another.

I had originally been intending on buying online through a sweets wholesaler. There was one with depots all over the place, can't remember the name...sure it began with a H!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Jars from ikea

Ribbon from hobby craft

Bags from amazon

And sweets and scoops from amazon too

=o) xxxx

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Jars and vases that were plain glass, and different heights - I also used a bit of wood to set up some of the vases and jars higher than others.

Bought paper bags off Ebay - I got blue and white striped ones and then stuck a personalised sticker on each of them - which again I had bought cheaply in bulk on Ebay

If you are going plain, there is option of getting a stamp made out and then you can use that for other things

I had a blue theme - so used different shades of blue sweets like bon bons, refreshers, blueberry flavoured sweets, blue paper covered chocolates etc.

And then had little mini metal scoops

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    squid2015 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to get mine from makro, but i think if you buy online you don't need to be a member (i'm not either). Makro have a better sweet selection than costco IMO

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hijack but how much did jars cost roughly, ladies? I've found a place to hire them from and the price seems really good compared to buying (esp as I don't then have to find a place to put it all!)

http://www.teacupsandtandems.com/sweet-bar.html

Also recently went to a wedding with plastic scoops and found it difficult to use them without worrying they were going to break due to the sweets 'settling' so I'd be more likely to either get some metal scoops, get lots of plastic scoops or also get tongs Smiley smile

• heli-c
    Beginner October 2015
    heli-c ·
    • Hide content

I got jars from BHS as they were on sale, I think we spent £25 in all and got 11 jars in a range of sizes!! Hiring them is a little cheaper I think but my plan is to sell the jars etc afterwards? Though I guess you have then got to sort that out etc.

And I haven't got ribbon yet but plan to pick some up from a place near me called Boyes, I believe they have shops all over the country? They are ridiculously cheap for things like that! I used ribbon from there for all the families easter gifts and it was like 20p for a ready cut bundle with around a meter in each one!

I also bought plastic scoops from Home Bargains but I do also want to get some metal tongs, especially as we're having yellow belly snakes!

Grace@PEP I like the idea of adding stickers/stamps to the sweetie bags! I hadn't thought of that!

x

• E
    Beginner April 2015
    elemden ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was going to get metal scoops then I read somewhere that metal scoops and vintage/fragile glass don't go too well together, especially with guests that may be a bit heavy handed. I have spares in case of scoop breakage!

• ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆
    Beginner August 2014
    ☆♡☆VegasBride☆♡☆ ·
    • Hide content

Ours were like £1 and £1.50 from ikea and we got 6 metal scoops for about £5 off ebay xx

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

I picked up packs of three plastic (see through) scoops for 79p in home bargains yesterday Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics