Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Supplying confetti?

28 of January of 2015 at 13:21 Posted on Planning 0 19

I have bought a load of confetti and confetti cones. Oh, all right then, here's a flash (except the ribbons are purple on mine):

I thought it was the norm to supply confetti for guests to throw because that's what has happened at the weddings I've been to (and also I, ahem, forgot to buy some before I attended). But when it all arrived at work my colleagues were like "Why have you got confetti? Won't your guests bring their own? You don't need to think about everything you know" and made me feel a bit like a mental bride. What are you guys doing and do you know what the 'norm' is? My venue insists on biodegradable confetti, which is part of why I got some.

19 replies

Latest activity by bubblerawk, 28 of January of 2015 at 23:12
  • R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I'm not sure what the "norm" is. But I was thinking of doing the same thing... something as an extra little touch?

thanks.x

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought confetti for this self same reason. At least I know that we will have some and it will not upset the venue or the local authority!

I fancied cones and petals but opted for pretty boxes that match our theme as the cones are likely to get blown away or dropped by the little kiddies we have coming. And I'm not 100% sure exactly when we'll do confetti yet - and might not do it - but I WANT A CONFETTI SHOT - bridezilla moment lol.

Yuors are really pretty though - I love petals.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

It used to be common for people to bring their own but hardly anyone bothers anymore. If you want a confetti shot then you need to provide your own.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Ha don't feel mental! We're providing confetti too, partly cus were only allowed biodegradable petals so didn't want people bringing anything, partly cus we can't throw it in the church grounds so if we provide it we can make sure it's not available til we get to the barns for our reception, and partly cus I also thought it was the done thing cus it was provided at the last wedding we went to! Actually thinking about it now we could have probably done without it as not sure when to have people throw it now....I guess if we get to the reception last of all people could throw it as we arrive there...

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Our venue doesn't allow confetti, but I'm not sure if it doesn't allow the biodegradable petals either...

If we go for it, we'll be going for something like yours, can I ask where you got it? It's the perfect colours for us!

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Totally normal!

I am very much like Pammy WE ARE HAVING A CONFETTI SHOT!! lol I plan on providing it for people. we are allowed paper confetti so long as it is outside on the grass (so it can get mowed away - incidentally by my uncle!)

I've been to so many weddings where people forget confetti, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen.

My only comment about the petals is don't over-stuff the cones, many years ago at my cousins wedding the other bridesmaids and I spent the morning stuffing confetti into cones, but when it actually came to the confetti shot it seemed to get stuck in the cones. not sure if this was the amount of confetti, or the fact it was a very warm day and got a bit sweaty. definitely something to look out for though, maybe a few practice throws!!

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup, this! I will be providing some too for this very reason. Plus I don't really know of many people that bother to bring their own any more to weddings (with the exception of MIL2B). Only speaking for myself, it's one of those things I often have good intentions of picking up but always forget, or it's just one less thing to carry on the day.

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed! the amount of times i have mashed a box of confetti into my tiny bag, only to find the box has been crushed and my bag if full of confetti!

for example!

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've started to carry confetti in my camera bag too since it seems only a few people ever bring it. So people share and the result is less a shower but more a few specs. Better to then break out a couple of boxes then we can have a proper shower of confetti. Oh and it also helps if guests mess up the first throw (which happens a lot!)

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

We're supplying confetti too.

I love seeing the enjoyment people get from throwing confetti over the bride and groom, but I know it's not always on everyone's list of 'things to remember to take to a wedding"!

Our venue also has a "bio-degradable only" policy so I thought it would just be safer for us to provide it.

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

How many guests do you supply for? I've just had a nose around that website and it looks nice, (bookmarked it for later too!), and it specifies amount per cone. Would you provide cones for say, half your guests? Or all?

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

We have bought confetti petals Also !!

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

We have bought confetti petals Also !!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

Where have you bought from and how much are the costs roughly?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I would say that you don't need anymore than 30 cones even for a wedding with 100 guests as you cannot get that many more people than 30 around you to throw and hit you and not the person in front of them. Even in a cone there is enough to share with another person.

The confetti shot has over the years turned from having a shot of confetti because people are throwing it -- to throwing confetti FOR the shot.

People always brought their own but over time venues have liked it less and less and they HATE the shiny plastic stuff, so over time they started to say "ok you can have it but it has to be bio" so that has then lead brides to start supplying their own to make sure it is bio.

Sometimes brides have told me that they don't want any thrown, some can stain, some is very itchy down your top- and it will get everywhere!

I have flashed this picture before and the whole reason it happened was because the bride and groom did not supply any, if they had then it would of been done earlier in the day. It wasn't until later when when a few people produced some from their handbags, the venue were great about it and infact it is a lot easier to clear up from the dance floor than it is from the grass

• B
    Beginner August 2015
    Brunilde2015 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with most I DEFFO WANT THAT CONFETTI SHOT!!!!

Plus it has to be biodegradable and only thrown in one part of the venue, so maybe a little bridezilla but at least we can have a bit of control over it.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I was planning on doing the same as you. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics