Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kentish Gal
Beginner July 2013

Surname on passport for honeymoon

Kentish Gal, 25 October, 2012 at 21:10 Posted on Planning 0 3

I know it used to be possible, confess I haven't researched, am just at airport about to go on hols.

I want to have a passport with my married name on for the honeymoon. Our wedding is 6th July, honeymoon is 8th, HOWEVER the legal ceremony is June 28th (our ceremony is a humanist one).

Can I, and if so how, have my married surname on my new passport prior to the wedding?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Purple*Sparkles, 25 October, 2012 at 22:01
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I believe you can apply for your passport in you married name up to nine months before the wedding. There's a few other threads on here I think, have a search around and there should be a better answer than mine ?

• P
    Beginner April 2013
    polarbex ·
    • Hide content

My passport runs out on 30th March and we marry on the 5th April. I spoke to the passport office and you can get a form that is signed by your vicar/registrar to say you will marry on x date. Send that in max of 3 months before your wedding & they will issue a passport in your married name. But, you won't be able to use your passport until you're married obviously! Form is PD2 off the passport office website.

• P
    Beginner April 2013
    polarbex ·
    • Hide content

Oh, and you must remember to book holiday, flights etc in your new name too! X

• Purple*Sparkles
    Beginner June 2013
    Purple*Sparkles ·
    • Hide content

I looked into this before booking my honeymoon as my passport has expired. As u have to pay full price to change your name it makes sense for me to get new one in married name. It can be done 3 mths before the wedding and will be post dated to your wedding date. You have to get a form to fill in and get your registrar to sign it to confirm the ceremony is booked. You also have to make sure if your passport is going to be in your married name that u book your honeymoon in your married name. Hope that makes sense.... On i phone and its jumpy so can't see what I am typing!!! Jen x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics