Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2025 Warwickshire

Surprise groom attire

Melissa, 8 of November of 2023 at 12:50 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
I don’t know if I am being a bit unreasonable here.
My partner is choosing his suit for him and his grooms party aswell as the clothing for our little page boy. He has decided he doesn’t want to tell me anything about it, as he won’t be knowing anything about my wedding dress. The unknown is giving me real anxiety as I won’t have any idea on colour and how it will fit into the colour scheme? Am I being unreasonable about this or not?

6 replies

Latest activity by Carlene, 16 of November of 2023 at 18:01
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Would you be happy for him to know about your wedding dress in advance? If so, maybe the solution is to suggest that you both share your outfit choices in advance with each other.

If you don't want him knowing your dress choice in advance, then I don't think you can complain if he doesn't want you to know what he is wearing either!

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    I love this Lisa! We are doing the same! I don’t know nothing and I love it! BUT, he does know about the colour scheme as we picked it together and he agrees that it should match in. So maybe give him a few colours and shades to choose from.
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry Melissa! Not Lisa!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Agree with Shay. As long as you both know the colour scheme, that should be fine. It's his wedding too so he should have a say in what he wants to wear.

• R
    Beginner September 2024 Leicestershire
    Roxxi ·
    • Hide content
    I know as a woman we can get set in our ways and want everything to be perfect on our big day but it is his wedding day too, he may feel like this is the one thing he gets sole decision on so I would personally just swallow your pride and allow him to enjoy picking out the suits. After all you chose him as your life partner so you should put some faith into him that he will come through with the choices😊 a solution would be to sit down together and make a colour chart of all the colours and shades you are okay incorporating into the wedding then he will be able to pick from that. Just remember this should be fun, good luck and enjoy the planning x
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I understand the anxiety side, there’s so much pressure on us brides to have everything perfect. Aesthetics end up taking over, even my confetti was chosen in line with my colour scheme & it probably didn’t matter, but at the time there was plenty of places where you could choose to make your own mix, so I did!

Anyway, it is your partners day too, if they’re confident to stay within your colour scheme, then let them choose. If you’re basing a few colour decisions around them, maybe see if your partner would be happy on the compromise of him getting you a colour swatch. My other half is self-proclaimed awful at colour schemes, he calls lilac, pink & navy is dark purple to him. He was going to get me a colour swatch, but he was so happy with it after the day, that he just tried it all on to show me when he got it home!
    I hope you work it out. I’d say try not to let the anxiety & wedding planning take over, but I understand how it can. Good luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics