Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2015

Surprise package for friend getting married abroad

ricepudding, 22 of February of 2015 at 17:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone,

One of my besties is getting married abroad in two weeks. I was meant to be a bridesmaid but unfortunately I can't go as lots has happened recently (car written off, redundancy, budgeting for own wedding). She has been understanding but obviously upset.

I was to create a little lightweight package that she can take with her as I wont' be there on the day. So far I've gotten a lovely card to open on the day but I'm a bit stuck as to what else! She's quite girly and getting married in a beach resort. I have to send it by Wednesday so if anyone has any bright ideas I would really appreciate it!

Am revising for an exam hence trying to delegate to people so I don't get too distracted!

Thanks in advance ?

6 replies

Latest activity by ricepudding, 22 of February of 2015 at 20:40
  • M
    Beginner July 2016
    marie75 ·
    • Hide content

What about some flip flops, maybe even a set of bride and groom ones? X

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

Could you lend her something (borrowed) or get her something old or blue to cover off one of those? Maybe get a frame and make a little collage of photos of you two? Or make her a voucher promising her something when she is back (girly day/film night etc) xxx

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas so far guys each of you have given me something to think about!

I love the idea of recreating the british traditions. She isn't from the UK but she is making her home here so that would be quite nice. It has to be something I can easily send in the post as I won't see her before she goes but other than that I'm flexible.

Keep them coming!

Ok so far I've got a silver sixpence in a blue organza bag so thats old and blue...

Just need something new and borrowed now... Maybe something i'll use on my own wedding day that she can pass back to me?

Oh dear, not much revision is being done!

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

How lovely to send something, but sorry for your situation and not being able to make your friend's day?

What about a nice locket or something with a photo of you both in it so she can have you with her in the day even though you can't make it? xxx

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

I bought my best friend light blue rhinestone 'I do' stickers for the bottom of her shoes so it was something new and blue. I ordered them from Amazon for less than five pounds. X

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    ricepudding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks kelly,

That's really sweet of you. It's a massive shame because we always talked about doing this together and she is going to be one of my bridesmaids, but I just can't stretch to it as it would involve a long-haul flight plus accommodation. It would be able 20% of our budget which I can't justify! Plus I owe my future in-laws money for a car to replace the damaged one and it would be wrong to swan off on holiday.

I love the idea of a locket too, and i've seen those shoe things critter!

I found a nice pin on ebay that has a sixpence, blue swarovski crystal, lucky horse shoe etc. I've got her a nice card so I can write her a long message and will think of something else to go with it.

Wish i'd thought of this earlier but it feels right to give her something.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics