Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2025 Merseyside

Surprise wedding help!

Morgan, 19 July, 2024 at 08:40 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi everyone

Were wanting to do a small intimate ceremony and then have an “engagement party” in the evening with all our friends and family where we’ll show a video of us getting married to surprise everyone (similar to Ella May-Ding if anyone’s seen her viral instagram video!).
In order to make sure the editing can be done for the video though, I’ll need to do the ceremony as early on as possible - which is fine - but my concern lies in between the ceremony and the party - it may be a gap of 6 hours, what do we do in this time with such a small group?! I don’t want the vibe to drop off.
Any other suggestions for the day in general would be greatly appreciated, I’m at the very start of planning.

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 24 July, 2024 at 14:23
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It depends on your guests and what they enjoy/are able to do - and if you've got a wide range of ages, that could be tricky! Have a look at what kind of events/activities are advertised at your local tourist information place and see if anything there would work for everyone.

Something else to bear in mind is that many people won't prioritise an engagement party the way they would a wedding. So if you are not going to tell folk you are actually getting married on that day, be prepared for folk not to turn up to your 'engagement'.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics