Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner

Surrey wedding venues

puggylicious, 19 April, 2012 at 16:42 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all

Am new to this forum. I've been engaged for a couple of months and we're starting to look at venues near where we live in Surrey. So far on our list we've got Clandon Park, Frensham Pond Hotel and Gate Street Barn (Bramley).

I was wondering if anyone has booked these venues and what made you choose it? Apart from the price we're finding it hard to decide between them as they've all got advantages / disadvantages and are all different!

8 replies

Latest activity by *Funky*, 22 April, 2012 at 18:49
  • Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

I didn't go see any of them but do love the look of Gate Street Barn - I just saw cost going over my budget with it. I am getting married in Lillibrooke Manor in Maidenhead, chosen as I like the barn for a more relaxed feel, more flexibility and cost.

Good Luck and welcome to Hitched

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Hello! We are getting married at Clandon Park in August! Didn't look at the other two. We chose it because it was a historical venue with a reasonable price (the others we considered were too expensive). The style also suited us - nice, but not over-the-top-posh. Obviously we haven't got married there yet so can't tell you much more!

• HellieDumplings
    Beginner September 2012
    HellieDumplings ·
    • Hide content

Lots of people I know have used Gate Street Barn, it is lovely! Have you thought about Loseley House, it's gorgeous and the staff are really helpful. We're having our reception at North Hall in Loxwood, at the other end of the price scale!!

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Nonsuch Mansion in Cheam is pretty sweet.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

We have been to quite a few Surrey weddings at this v: enue, which si quite popular. Love the Tithe Barn. https://www.loseleypark.co.uk/venues/#venues-to-hire

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

Hi Puggylicious,

We looked at Clandon Park, and my OH loved it. The venue itself is stunning, and the grounds are beautiful. I had reservations as I had also made a date to view Northbrook Park in Farnham and knew that I was going to prefer it instead.

There were a few reasons why we didn't choose Clandon Park:

1) The reception room is downstairs and has no windows. There are also pillars in the room which we felt would restrict the seating for some people. Originally we were going to be having a smaller wedding, but it has since grown and therefore the room wouldn't be big enough!

2) Ladies would have to wear caps on their heels to protect the flooring. This is not something that we were told about, but a friend of mine advised me of this after she had attended a wedding there. This is no biggy, but I felt slightly put off by this.

3) We preferably wanted a venue that had accommodation onsite.

One thing that I can't knock about Clandon Park is its beauty!!

After viewing Northbrook Park we instantly both agreed that it was the perfect venue for us. We are getting married on a weekday over the Christmas holiday, and therefore have not had to pay for venue hire (a BIG saving!)

You'll know as soon as you view a venue whether its going to be right for your special day.......Good luck!!!

• martyncroston
    martyncroston ·
    • Hide content

I played at a wedding ceremony at Loseley Park last week and I can definitely recommend it as a fantastic venue for weddings

https://www.loseleypark.co.uk/

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I love Clandon Park. It certainly has the wow factor!! I have 2 weddings booked there for next month. It's beautiful!

Nat

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Woodlands park was one of the venues we looked at https://www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/woodlandspark

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics