Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

stoice
Beginner September 2013

Suspender belt question

stoice, 12 of August of 2013 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 12

Ok, sorry if Im being a numpty but...

How are you supposed to pee when wearing knickers, suspender belt, stockings and a wedding dress?

Ive never worn them but OH has mentioned he'd like to see me in suspenders on the day (evening more like! Lol). They go above and over your knickers right? Which means you definitely have to undo the straps because the stockings will be in the way. How is that possible when held tightly in a wedding gown? Guaranteed ill need to pee at the last minute before heading to the church, nerves. Once married I can get my husband to 'help' (ooh, just realised how lovely it is to say 'my husband'). Is it do-able on your own or do I need to get personal with my bridesmaid?

12 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 13 of August of 2013 at 09:54
  • Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

You'd either need to unhook the straps from the tops of the stockings (which would be fiddly), or you could just unfasten the suspender belt from where it is hooked round your waist/hips, you should then be able to kind of fold it down, leaving the straps hooked onto the stockings....I think...(just trying to fathom it out in my head!!) Doubting myself now I've typed it but oh well I'll post anyway!!!

• woowoo83
    Beginner October 2013
    woowoo83 ·
    • Hide content

Not in any way sexy but I'll be putting my stockings and suspenders on first then my knickers on over the top, by far the easiest way!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Haha I've always wondered this! I've never worn suspenders either.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I think unclipping the strap bit at the back would be easiest (trying to think of it in my head), if you're like me you'll find clipping the bits that go onto the stockings a nightmare so I can't even imagine doing it with a wedding dress on haha.
    Something i'll need to figure out nearer the time as well Smiley laugh

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Phew, glad I'm not the only one wondering about this then! The corset part of my dress comes down quite low, to just about the knicker line, and a suspender belt is usually an inch or two above that, squeezed right under the corset part. So I'm not sure I could fold the top down. Do you know if just undoing the front straps will be enough? There are a couple at the back that would be tricky to get to with my dress bunched up

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm it's really hard to picture without doing it...tempted to go upstairs and put some on just so I can help answer! ?

Is there any way you could not wear the belt during the wedding, and perhaps put it on in the bathroom when you retire to your bridal suite?! Suppose that will depend on whether you'll be drinking on the day, and how much! Just thinking you could go into the bathroom to 'freshen up', and slip it on then.

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

I would prob just wear your knickers over the belt to make it easier. With skimpy pants you barely notice which is first anyway.

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I wore knickers over the top.

Weirdly I only went to the loo once in 12 hours (I had many, many drinks). Don't understand that!

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Knickers over the top probably sounds best then. Thanks ladies. I have customised a pair of knickers with crystals saying 'bride' on the back so it might be for the best anyway as then its not hidden. The clip parts look far too tricky to attempt sober let alone after a few!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Over the top, never understood why it is always shown the other way round, it is actually easier then than it is with tights

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Depending on where the belt is sitting, you should be able to get your pants down to your knees where the suspender meets the stocking, which may be enough to go for a wee normally but in a wedding dress I imagine it would be very tricky! Definately go for over, it's much easier and can look ok as long as you get the right style of knickers and belt.

Personally I find them the most uncomfortable things on earth, never again - and certainly not on my wedding day! I'll be in a big pair of comfy pants!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

You shouldn;t need to take your suspender belt off to go to the loo and you should be able to pull your knicks down enough to 'go'! There is always what I used to do in the 80's when wearing a body which involves pulling the gusset over to one side and aiming as well as possible in the opposite direction?

Boys have it so easy!

I also only went twice on the day - and I would also recommend changing into it on the night! :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics