Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner February 2012

Sussex wedding venues on a budget?

kazaroona, 28 October, 2010 at 22:05 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all

I've just got engaged and we're looking for a venue in Sussex- we live in Worthing so ideally nearby. I'm looking at Highdown Hotel in Goring, does anyone have any personal excperience of it? We're on quite a tight budget so any help would be great as I know a lot of the venues found on websites are out of our price range.

Thanks!! xx

8 replies

Latest activity by kazaroona, 2 November, 2010 at 16:59
  • Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at the Ramada in Brighton - they do packages for three, four or five thousand. That includes getting married there, a wedding breakfast for 60 and an evening reception for 120.

The Royal Albion in Brighton do a package for £1000 as well.

• MagicEdit-Videos
    MagicEdit-Videos ·
    • Hide content

Heya, my two favourite venues in the area are probably Stanmer House in Brighton & Pelham House in Lewes. Not sure how expensive they are though!

• F
    Beginner March 2011
    FionaWalker ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I grew up in Worthing Smiley smile

When we were looking at Sussex venues around Worthing we looked at the Hilton in Arundel (?Avisford Park). They do some really good packages. Also, Norfolk Arms in Arundel. Bayliffs Court in Climping is amazing if you can stretch your budget at all. I quite often go to Highdown Hotel for lunch and the food and service is always good if that helps. went there for an 18th yeatrs ago, but I reckon it's changed hands a million times by now! Good luck with your hunt!

Also, how about Ham Manor, The golf club up at Offington, Windsor House in East Worthing? xxx

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Amberley Museum lists wedding packages - https://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk/1.limeburners/weddings.htm - and does appear to be licensed. Also has the advantage of a nearby rail station if some of your guests don't drive.

Not sure if it suits your budget but it's got to be worth a call especially as they have lots of interesting quirks they can add to your special day like a vintage telegram messenger on a pushbike, and vintage buses for a trip round the museum.

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    kazaroona ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I'm just checking these out now :-)

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    kazaroona ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Fiona, thats awesome I'm gonna see some of those too.... I'm keen for something local-ish as well as fairly cheap and a kind of country feel. Keeping my options open for the Brighton hotels- I'm not ruling them out but its not the way we're gonna go at the mo. My fiancee supplies staff to them so I think we know too much lol :-) they are lovely though so we'll see.

Any other suggestions welcome, hopefully I'll have some real feedback soon, havent lived in the area long so we're just figuring out whats around xx

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Kaz, I replied to you in your thread on another forum.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My BIL had his evening reception at the Ramada and it was lovely, the same with The Albion and my friend's evening reception. Two of my other friends have been to quite a few weddings at both venues and they've had no complaints. This is one of the reasons we booked the Ramada. I'm sure every business has staff issues at one time or another...

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    kazaroona ·
    • Hide content

Woah sorry, didnt mean to offend- as I said, they're lovely but we're not going down the brighton hotel route at the mo i dont beleive i slagged them off though. I'm sure you had an idea of what you liked/didnt like from the start. I'm sure it willl be gorgeous, theyre popular venues.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics