Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Siobhian
Beginner May 2013

Sutton, Surrey Bride! Hall help!

Siobhian, 20 March, 2012 at 21:17 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello everyone!
We're getting married in May 2013. We're having a registry office affair, then wanted to have our reception in a hall close by.
We're looking at somewhere we can decorate ourselves, and would be sorting our own food, and drink.

We're in Sutton, Surrey and I was just wondering if any of you have any ideas of venues available anywhere close-by?
We're on a very tight budget too.
I've looked online and been to our council to get a 'venue hire' list and will be going to visit some of them next month, but I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction?
I'm so worried we won't be able to find anywhere!!

Thanks everyone! Smiley laugh
-Siobhian

8 replies

Latest activity by Siobhian, 2 April, 2012 at 19:56
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content
  • B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, when I wAs venue hunting I came across a place in croydon called Ruskin house which I believe is a hall - the hire charges were very low anyway! I'm not sure how nice it is but might be worth checking out.

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

Hey! I'm in sutton too!

Firstly do not worry, you will find somewhere, and as you are willing to decorate it yourself all you need is a blank canvas with loos.

Council venues are a great place to start, Wallington has a couple of places too, so don't limit yourself to Sutton. Not sure but you could also try sutton grammar school, they school has a MASSIVE hall and tonnes of parking.

But most importantly of all - negotiate. practice with your second choice and then go for broke with your first choice, let them know how cheap the other one is willing to do it and what they are willing to include (some places might have tables and chairs they are willing to throw in).

Good luck!

• Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

There is a place called Avenue Halls in Kew - not sure how far you are looking

• pinkle86
    Beginner September 2012
    pinkle86 ·
    • Hide content

Crewe Manor in Beddington Park hire out their hall. It is an old Tudor dining hall with nice high beams and a good price too.

• Siobhian
    Beginner May 2013
    Siobhian ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much everyone!! Xxx

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, another Sutton resident here ?

How far are you guys willing to travel and how many does the room need to hold? I'll have a quick look online for you.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

Also, have a look at Banstead and Reigates list, they may have something to offer http://www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/?oldUrl

Nork Community Hall - https://www.norkcommunityassociation.co.uk/venue-hire.php

• Siobhian
    Beginner May 2013
    Siobhian ·
    • Hide content

Hi LittleMissP! ?
    Thanks hun! As we're getting married in Sutton registry office, i didn't really want our evening 'do' to be too far away, as not many of our guests drive.

So....I guess Sutton, some areas of Merton maybe, Banstead, Cheam...I dunno. I guess we'd be willing to move further out if we found something perfect and cheap enough Smiley smile
    xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics