Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner August 2017

SW Venue Help!!

Otters, 16 of March of 2016 at 11:08 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All,

We're hoping to get married next June in the Hampshire / Wiltshire / Berkshire area and I'm having real trouble finding a venue for less than £5000! It seems crazy that venues can charge this much for sometime just the use of a barn! We would be happy to pay £3000 - £3500.

We'd ideally like to bring our own alcohol (with no corkage) but we're happy to use a recommended caterer from the venue.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?!!

6 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGoldConfetti522, 19 of March of 2016 at 22:48
  • R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.barfordpark.co.uk/ how about here?

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried looking out of season or on alternative dates? A friend of mine booked a wedding in Hampshire for the Monday bank holiday on Easter weekend. It's normally 4-5k to have a wedding there but the rate for that date is 2k.

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Mine is 4000 for the venue hire, and you get to bring in your own alcohol and any suppliers you want.

http://www.ashleywoodfarmevents.co.uk

• O
    Beginner August 2017
    Otters ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Ashley Wood Farm looks lovely but they're quoting me £4k plus VAT which adds a whopping £800 on to the price! Have you managed to bargain them down?!

• F
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrsMarshall ·
    • Hide content

Ah too bad, no bargaining from me (I wish I could!). They must have increased their prices for next year. I already feel a bit guilty about spending the 4000 just on the venue... this is madness!

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

We are geting married in Hampshire. What sort of venue are you looking for? I'm surprised it's costing that much, is that just for the venue or food included? I looked at lots of barns in Hampshire and Surrey and they were average of £2500-£4000

• R
    Beginner May 2017
    RomanticGoldConfetti522 ·
    • Hide content

I grew up in stourhead and you can hire the village hall.

It is such an amazing location. I got a local rate, but out of town is £500. Has a fully functional kitchen, all crockery, glasses, tables and chairs come with!

Worth looking into!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics