Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2010

Swags and Sashes

janbonjovi, 2 of October of 2009 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used this company before - planning on using them for chair covers, centrepieces and some other bits and pieces ;-)

Thanks

Jan

7 replies

Latest activity by janbonjovi, 20 of October of 2009 at 13:59
  • P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jan,

Just saw your post about Swags and Sashes - I don't know about them but we have booked the company recommended by De Rougemont as their chair covers etc have been made to measure the chairs - worth giving the lady who owns the company a call? The company's called L.J Events - details can be found on De Rougemont's recommended supplier list.

Paris

• J
    Beginner July 2010
    janbonjovi ·
    • Hide content

Hi Paris,

They were the company I originally tried to book with back in July!! Sent them 5 emails messages and left an answerfone message as well but they never got back to me......in the end got peeded off and have now gone with Swags.

Must admit, all the chair covers etc looked lovely on Sunday - did feel like saying to her why doesn't she answer emails ;-)

Jan x

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jan,

Hope you've had a good weekend.

I can completely understand why you didn't wait any longer and opted for a different company, that would've really put me off too. I can never understand why people who run businesses do things like that - they must lose loads of custom.

Did you book anything / anyone else other than Richard the DJ when you were there last week? We booked Brian the Toastmaster, I wasn't sure whether to have one or not, but Davine won't be there on the day of our wedding and she said she'd feel much happier if we booked him. He seems really good.

Need to sort our car, photographer, video and florist!

Paris x

• thefuturemrsclarke
    Beginner July 2010
    thefuturemrsclarke ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, i started a thread for essex girls the other day, we are looking at geting a meet going on, post on it and let us know if you would be interested

• J
    Beginner July 2010
    janbonjovi ·
    • Hide content

Hiya Paris,

Nope didn't book anything else there!! We'd already sorted out the photographer - did think about the toastmaster but was told Davine could do all the announcements! Now you say that, we'd better check she will actually be there on our day too. Hope you don't mind me asking, how much was Brian? Don't worry if you'd rather not say ;-) Have got quite a bit done - still need to sort out florist. Have been to see a couple in Romford but need to def. decide in the next month or so.

Haven't even started looking for my dress yet - want to lose a bit of weight first! And got to sort out suits for the men..........

Bye

Jan x

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jan,

First of all, as promised, I have found out - a little bit - about the girl at work's wedding on Friday - all her department who went said that the reception was great and the food was lovely and plentiful. So that's good! :-) Will find out more when she's back from honey moon and let you know.

I'm sure Davine will be there at your wedding or she would've told you. She's going to be on holiday when it's ours so said she'd prefer us to use Brian as he knows the place like the back of his hand. She told him to give us a 'good deal' but he said he couldn't do much on price. He said this year's price is £375 and next year's is £400! We got him down to £350 in the end but still pretty pricey. We think he'll be worth it though.

I've got an appointment with a florist at Barleylands next month but I looked at lots of venues and their recommended florists and there's one in Standford-le-hope who looks good and not too expensive called 'Stacey Stevens'. I also looked the net last night and there's one in Cranham that also looks quite nice and reasonable called 'Bliss'.

I did also get a card for a local florist in Hornchurch which does lovely flowers but they're usually quite expensive and I'm trying to keep to a pretty tight budget re: flowers. I may go for a consultation though just to check it out.

If the Romford ones are any good can you please let me know? The florist at the wedding fayre seemed lovely but I didn't particularly like her flowers - condsidering it was a day to 'show off' I wasn't especially impressed.

I've got an appointment to try on dresses the Saturday after next. I haven't looked yet though and haven't sorted bridesmaids' outfits or the men's suits. We also haven't booked the photographer yet but have one in mind.

Paris X

• P
    Beginner August 2010
    Paris09 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks very much for that. I must've some how missed that thread. There seem to be quite a lot of Essex girls on here which is really good - we can all share tips and talk about suppliers etc that we actually know.

I probably won't come to the meet this time thank you. I'm a newbie to all of this stuff - have never even used a forum in my life! I impressed myself that I sort of worked out how to use facebook the other day! How sad am I!? ;-)

Where abouts are you getting married?

Paris. :-)

• J
    Beginner July 2010
    janbonjovi ·
    • Hide content

Hi Paris,

Thanks for letting me know about your friend's wedding - glad to hear it all went well.

It's quite hard for me to find suppliers local to the venue because I don't actually live in Essex!! I'm in North London ;-) The one I went to in Romford was called - I think - Golden Ivy! When you come out of the station, turn right and it was opposite Fitness First. They seemed nice and prices reasonable too. Showed me lots of pics but I didn't have a clue what I wanted. Told me to go and look at lots of pics and then go back with ideas. Also went to another one in Romford but can't remember what it was called - it was just a number, same road as Matalan, going towards the market and on the opposite side. I took the one at the show's card as well but couldn't get on to her website.

I'll give you my email add - that might be easier for us to compare notes ;-)) Can never find the posts on ****......*******@******.*** or **********@*****.**.**.

Bye x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics