Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Swarovski Converse - Take 1....

Rod, 10 of December of 2012 at 09:44

Posted on Off Topic Posts 47

Hello everyone! Some of you requested pics of my attempts at customising my stepdaughters converse for her christmas present with swarovski crystals. Well, here is take one! I decided to practice on my H's battered old converse so I got them out, buffed the toe cap with an emery board and wiped it...

Hello everyone! Some of you requested pics of my attempts at customising my stepdaughters converse for her christmas present with swarovski crystals. Well, here is take one!

I decided to practice on my H's battered old converse so I got them out, buffed the toe cap with an emery board and wiped it off with nail varnish remover.

Then, I opened the glue which squirted out at me!! After a few goes I managed to get a thin enough layer onto the converse and start sticking on the crystals.

Ta- da!!! (sorry the pics are huge!)

I'm actually really pleased with myself and impressed with my efforts. H was really impressed! Gooooo Rod!

So now I have mastered the art of sticking them on, using the right amount of glue etc, I will move onto the brand spanking new leather all white converse sitting in the box for SD....wish me luck! Gulp....

47 replies

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I have special tools Kjay!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Its pretty easy once you get going K! I found a tutorial online and followed that! x

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Oh I hope so! I will post pics when theyre done. aiming for some point this week or the weekend!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Looks brilliant. Well done xx

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Hi yes theyre leather ones but they dont do them in womens! Only mens and kids. Gutted really cos I wanted some! x

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have got white leather converse, they do make them for women, mine are a size 4 but I also tried on a size 5. I bought mine in Selfridges in London, they were £54.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Oh there you go then! I was looking everywhere for them! thanks Niche!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

They're a bit fiddly, I use e6000 on the ones I do x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics