Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

k.j.w
Beginner June 2017

Sweet buffet & favours

k.j.w, 10 of June of 2014 at 22:00 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hey everyone.

Just starting to think about a budget for our wedding and we want to do a sweet buffet.... Did those of you who had/having one have favours as well or did your favours incorporate the sweets buffet into it or did you just have the sweets buffet & no favours?? And if you did/do have favours-what were they?

Thanks Smiley smile

17 replies

Latest activity by k.j.w, 17 of June of 2014 at 20:08
  • S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

Im having both, but im making the sweetie table myself. But I did go to a wedding recently that just had sweets, no favours.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a sit down meal so there won't be any formal favours. we are having a small sweet buffet, and as part of that we'll have heart shaped chocolates in organza bags and have also bought some personalised mini rolls of love hearts

• SophiaKitty
    Beginner October 2014
    SophiaKitty ·
    • Hide content

We are having miniatures as favours for day guests and a sweet buffet in the evening, which we are doing ourselves (£60 of sweets from macros's and there is loads!)

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

We have done our own sweet buffet and was originally having little jars with sweets in for favours. Now decided it is just too many sweets so we are using the jars still but making our own raspberry and strawberry jams :-)

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mazza32 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having both favours and a sweetie buffet. The favours I'm making myself which are traditional almonds in homemade taffeta/organza bags and i'm paying a lady too do my sweetie buffet as I didn't want the hassle of doing it myself the night before Smiley smile Xx

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I get married next April and have bought sweets to start for my diy sweet buffet. I'm also doing chocolate lollies made and put in cellophane for guests coming during the day. We're having one big hot buffet in the evening so putting lollies on tables then offering the sweet buffet (along with a popcorn cart and candy floss machine) for everyone after the food...pure sugar high waiting for the guests lol xx

this is my mock of it so far with jar arrangements I have some small concave vases also and doing 3 sweet trees . And just some of the sweets to start Smiley smile

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I get married next April and have bought sweets to start for my diy sweet buffet. I'm also doing chocolate lollies made and put in cellophane for guests coming during the day. We're having one big hot buffet in the evening so putting lollies on tables then offering the sweet buffet (along with a popcorn cart and candy floss machine) for everyone after the food...pure sugar high waiting for the guests lol xx

this is my mock of it so far with jar arrangements I have some small concave vases also and doing 3 sweet trees . And just some of the sweets to start Smiley smile

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content

Uh oh so sorry for duplicate posts, it came up with an error each time. Didn't realise it had posted and now I don't know how to delete them. So sorry x

• P
    Beginner July 2014
    Paranoid_Pixie_:) ·
    • Hide content

Bride88, bit cheeky I know, but I have got the same jars as you. How many sweets fitted in them? What was the bag size? e.g. 3kg?

Thanks

Beginner February 2016
    2016bride88 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I haven't worked them out from the sweets I have in the pic, I used others as i didn't want to open the bags of sweets that were unwrapped incase they went a bit funny as don't get married til April. I can tell you tho that I bought 3 bags of the party maom sweets and they fit in with spares Smiley smile. I'm just guesstimating but no doubt I'll end up wanting more sweets lol xx

• P
    Beginner June 2014
    patching_l ·
    • Hide content

Instead of spending the money on favours, that not everyone would like or take home, we donated to our local special care baby unit. We didn't have a formal sit down meal. Our cake was the centre piece of our DIY sweet buffet, which we opened in the evening once we had cut our cake. All we did was use vases we already had and made a trip to cash and carry. Cost around £60, including sweets, bags scoops and tongs

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having favours, just a candy cart for guests to help themselves to.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

We're doing our own sweetie buffet for the evening reception, and will be doing charity favours in memory of 2 of my grandparents

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

I have those jars too, good old ikea!!

• TheCandyEmporium
    TheCandyEmporium ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

I think sweet buffets are fab to do. We do them, but we have american candy so they're a bit different. I've been to weddings who have candy buffets and the amount of guests that smuggle loads away in their bags is hilarious.

Another thing you could consider, my company The Candy Emporium does Candy floss and popcorn for weddings. This also goes down amazingly as the candy floss comes in different flavours, so we have mango to chocolate and bubblegum to coca-cola and more and they're on sticks. We also add popping candy, glitter and flashing sticks which make them glow and flash which is perfect for the evenings.

It's just something to think about, but i definitely think that doing the candy bar yourself is cheaper and goes great. There won't be able left. Smiley tongue

Best Wishes xx

• TheCandyEmporium
    TheCandyEmporium ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

I think sweet buffets are fab to do. We do them, but we have american candy so they're a bit different. I've been to weddings who have candy buffets and the amount of guests that smuggle loads away in their bags is hilarious.

Another thing you could consider, my company The Candy Emporium does Candy floss and popcorn for weddings. This also goes down amazingly as the candy floss comes in different flavours, so we have mango to chocolate and bubblegum to coca-cola and more and they're on sticks. We also add popping candy, glitter and flashing sticks which make them glow and flash which is perfect for the evenings.

It's just something to think about, but i definitely think that doing the candy bar yourself is cheaper and goes great. There won't be any left. Smiley tongue

Best Wishes xx

• k.j.w
    Beginner June 2017
    k.j.w ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your input...now need to think of a favour to have!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics