Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

Sweet Buffet Tongs!

Buzzee, 23 August, 2011 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 5

Ah, the things we stress about in planning!

Just wondered where you got your tongs/scoops from for your sweet tables. I think i'm drawn to tongs over scoops (if one can be drawn to such things ?!!!) Is ebay the best place or has anyone found any cheaper elsewhere.

Do you think the clear plastic tongs look a bit cheap!?

5 replies

Latest activity by Mynnie the Moocher, 23 August, 2011 at 14:29
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

They're sweet scoops. They perform a function, they aren't there to look pretty. Clear plastic won't "look cheap", they'll do exactly what they're meant to Smiley smile

We bought a couple of small ice scoops when we were in Bookers - they're stainless steel but again do the job.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha thanks guys, i know - i think its cos i've hit a lull and need something to think about!

plastic tongs it is!

x

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

You could always tie some ribbon to match your colourscheme around it, or something else to "prettify" them?

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi there I was looking for these last night on ebay. I found some metal ones with different coloured ends (if that makes sense). They did blue, pink red etc and were about £2.00 including delivery. If you type in tongs then click the kitchen section they will bring them up. The pink are nice for candy buffet as that was what I was looking for xxxxxxxxxx

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest ones I found were on Ebay, both the plastic and s steel varieties, and the cheapest of those were coming from China and such.

I ended up buying a couple of sets of three from a UK seller, as I haven't got the time to wait fro them to come from abroad, and I think I paid about £5/6 for 2 sets of clear pastic ones + delivery. I opted for the plastic as I was worried that s steel ones might be a bit of a risk with a couple of the glass jars we've got (they seemed a bit thin) and having kids there, I wanted to play it safe.

There are plenty of sets of scoops on Ebay and I don't think that they're that much more expensive than the ones in Booker - a quick look has turned up sets of 3 for £3.80 delivered (fromHong Kong) on Ebay and IIRC a single scoop in booker is £1.30+VAT. So I suppose it's just a case of how quickly you need them and whether or not you have access to a Booker card.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics