Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner April 2013

Sweet Jar Centrepieces

Vintage84, 18 February, 2012 at 21:08 Posted on Planning 0 2

Evening Ladies, I'd like some opinions please! I'm going for a vintage themed wedding and we're on a tight budget so I came up with a cute idea (I doubt it's orginal but I've not seen a pic of this so far!)

So, my idea is to have three of four little sweet jars in the center of each table, with different sweets inside and a set of sweet tongs to be hygienic. I'll then pop a little personalised old fashioned paper sweet bag at everyone's place setting so people can help themselves (will ask a BM to put more bags out for the evening and maybe re-fill the jars if needs be)

The best jars I've found are plastic and 18cm high (with lids on), I thought it might be better to get plastic ones because I thought we could tell people at the end of the night to take a jar home if they want to (means we don't get stuck with shedloads of the blooming things after the event!!) Each table will have eight people sat round it and I'll put three or four sweet jars in the centre of each table.

Does this sound good? Are the jars too small? Even if I get someone to re-fill them for the evening guests?

Thank you in advance

2 replies

Latest activity by Vintage84, 18 February, 2012 at 21:34
  • sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I love this idea! You don't want the centrepieces to be too big otherwise people won't be able to talk properly over them, plus it is a great talking point Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsCoombs2be ·
    • Hide content

I think this is a great idea! And i love the jars where did u get them? We're having a sweetie table and these would fit in perfectly!xx

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I typed in "plastic victorian style sweet jars" in to google, there's quite a few sellers on ebay and I can get seven for less that £1 each!!! (not including P&P)

So glad you guys think it's a good idea, I have three friends getting married this year and they're all going for quite traditional weddings & decorations, no real themes, so I've got no one really to bounce these ideas off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics