Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xsammix
Beginner February 2011

Sweet Jar Favour Idea - WDYT?

xsammix, 25 July, 2010 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 16

Instead of having "individual" favours me and OH were just thinking of putting a sweet jar on each table instead??

This would just be for the adults....the kids are getting their own individual activity packs.

WDYT? Am I being too lazy? ?

?

Sammi xx

16 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 26 July, 2010 at 20:23
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds absolutely fine sweetie!

I think there is too much empahasis on what you should and shouldnt do at a wedding... it's your wedding, do whatever the hell you like!!!! x

• Kalie85
    Beginner
    Kalie85 ·
    • Hide content

Thats not lazy, thats a good idea! We thought of doing something similar, we might have small jars with different sweets in, and we'll give everyone an empty organza bag with a small silver scoop attached so they can make their own favours!

• S
    Beginner September 2011
    Sawah ·
    • Hide content

Im toying with this idea im still undecided though. I went to the shop last night some sweets called "wonder winders" its like a long twisted lace thing and when we get married we will be the winders so im thinking these for favors now and then tying a little tag attached to double up as a place name.

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it is lazy at all. As already has been said, there is no right or wrong, it is your wedding and you should have whatever you want!

• Keltickurse
    Beginner March 2011
    Keltickurse ·
    • Hide content

I think its a lovely idea, quite a few of the girls on here have done a similar thing, have you thought about your jars yet?

these might be suitable:

https://www.bhs.com/mall/departmentpage.cfm/bhsstore/232818/1/1

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's lazy - I think it's cool. But I'm bias cos that's what we're doing! In fact I'm getting quite excited about it as we have it all sorted and planned now even down to which table is getting which sweets! We have bought lovely vintage glass jars - like proper old sweet shop ones, and then went to costco and macro and bough 9 different types of sweets and some cool retro pink and white stripey bags (our colour is pink). At night, the venue will top the sweets up and it will turn into a sweet buffet at the end of our evening food table.

My friend had it - I was an evening guest, the sweet buffet was fab and very popular - and she said it was a brilliant mixer in the day because when the guests went in the room to sit down for dinner they were all excitedly checking what sweets were there and going round to other tables filling up their paper bags! They also named their tables after the sweet on it so they had a 'flumps' 'cola cube' table etc, and the guests found their table by the jar of sweets!

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, I love that idea. Go for it.

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great! I would love that! It is probably more cost effective for you too

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thanks ? girlies think this is what we are going to do.

Lamby - can you flash your jars ? pleeaassse??

I`ve seen some lovely glass ones, but im not sure.

Sammi x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

We did it at a wedding on Saturday & it went down really well with the kids & adults:

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I was gunna do this then i seen topiary trees with sweets and iam gunna do them as centerpiecs as well as favers

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Here you go Sammi! Not a great pic and excuse all the mess, but they basically all come with the tall glass lids and metal / silver scoops! I know what you mean about the jars - I ended up paying quite a lot for these from ebay, and others had said Ikea etc do them but I couldn't find any nice or big ones - or maybe I'm just fussy!

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They are gorgeous!! Will they be doubling as your centre peices aswell?

? for flashing.

I have found some smaller glass ones like these:

Obviously not filled - they are only £2.99.

I ❤️ your bags aswell!!

xx

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh they're lovely and what a bargain! Yes mine will be centre pieces too - our tables, bar our top are round and seat 10 so I was worried about other jars I'd seen not being big enough, but if I were you and they will suit your table size I'd def go for those £2.99 bad boys!! The most fun bit is sweetie shopping - I'm hoping we have some left over! xx

• *PJ*
    Beginner July 2010
    *PJ* ·
    • Hide content

Hey we are doing something very similar! We have made sweet bowls for each table!! we brought fish bowls and have filled them with lots of different sweets. We havent got the kids anything extra other than the normal favours and thought they would like this. Plus we have brought enough to fill them up again in the evening. Although not sure where we are gonig to put them on the table as have got centre peices for the tables aswell, but im sure it will fit on there somehow!!

good luck!

P xx

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

We did this....we got a load of glass jars in Ikea and filled them with various sweets, went down a treat!!

We got a load of other stuff like liquorice fountains, candy bracelets, and sherbert dibdabs....nothing was left at the end of the night

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I had thought of that as well!! but in the end went for the individual ones. Its completely a personal choise!! Or you could just do a sweetie table!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics