Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kiiradee
Beginner November 2011

Sweet table/Buffet? what sweets would you choose.?

kiiradee, 28 August, 2011 at 10:16 Posted on Planning 0 7

Getting married in 9 and half weeks :o.. just decided to do my own sweet table as we were quoted too high and i reckon with a bit of creativty i could create a nice one..afterall im not the conventional bride so im off to ikea today to look at vases , jars and plates to see what i can get hold off (color scheme black white and red).

What sweets are your/peoples favs for this kind of thing? I dont really care for color scheme match i like funky retro sweets so far i havean idea of what i want to buy am i missing a key sweet/s?

Wine gums (my fav)

Panda natural Liqourice

colorful rock and rock swirl giant lollys.

black jacks and fruit salad

Flumps

smarties

malteasers

choc raisons

Jazzies (mixed)

refreshers

drumstick lollies

flying saucers

Vimto bomboms

candy straws

Also going to have fresh strawberrys as i dont really eat sweets (lost 17 stone and trying hard to resist all this weding temptation stuff ).

Thankyou everyone.

7 replies

Latest activity by kiiradee, 28 August, 2011 at 17:48
  • Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Looks like you got them all to me. And I had to say 17 stone WOW!!! If you dont mind me asking did you know your H2B before the weight loss?

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

Yes i met him online as i was too scared to go meet him for the first 6 months as i was a size 34 but i met him and he looked at me the same as he does now... its 2 and half years later and im now a size 8-10 and 6 weeks after my tumnmytuck to remove loose skin (hopong ill heal in time going well though).

but yeah hes my py ending/beginning lol.

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Bloody hell girl that is some dress size droppage! And what a gorgeous story. It's made me feel weirdo Internetly proud for you :-)!!! I'm so glad I was nosy and asked now!!!xx

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I have to ask if you dont mind what diet were you on i have struggled for years im a 16 now and struggle to get any smaller i would love to be a 12-14 i have lost 9 stone on slimming world but i have lost the will to keep eating so much x

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, well done on the weightloss - makes my 6 stone target look pants! lol

I like your choice of sweets, ours will be very similar I think. We are doing it ourselves too - Jars etc from Ikea and Ebay, and sweets from the cash and carry :-)

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Wow your weight loss story never stops amazing me!

We also had some little candy watches and those Trolli burgers (me and OH were 90s kids and had those on the way home from school!

Jelly beans look great too, and we had little boxes of candyfloss to go out on the table. I also put on after eights which were gone before I even got to the venue!!

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone just got back from ikea and brought 12 sweetie jars (1.8Litre) for 95p each .. i have two very large funky vases from asda @ 2.80 in the sale each. and two medium size vases for stand up refreshers and wham bars ect and the other for mixed rock and rock swirl lollies.. all in all so far has cost me around 35 pounds and i have half of the sweets needed so its all good BUT!!! the lady i have doing my chair covers , cake and tables has just said we could borrow her buffet jars free of charge =[ i got the text as i got back from ikea LOL.. x

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

Oh and about the weightloss sorry i didnt see that.. i just cut down and watched fat , i eat things under 5g of fat per 100g of product and stick to only foods i know contain no oils and added fats (natural fats are fine like nuts and seeds) it sounds complicated but its my way of life now.

i am 6 and half weeks after my tummytuck and i swelled right up to size 12-14 after surgery but now back in tens i cant wait for swelling to go down completly though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics