Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xxdonnaxx
Beginner March 2013

sweet tree :).....and now forrero rocher tree

xxdonnaxx, 11 of March of 2012 at 17:35 Posted on Planning 0 3

So pleased with myself...just practised making a sweet tree for our sweetie buffet table...heres a flash...

3 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 19 of April of 2013 at 13:35
  • Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

That looks brilliant! I wouldn't bother with the cellophane though - it kind of takes away from the overall spectacle

• jonesmel_25
    Beginner September 2012
    jonesmel_25 ·
    • Hide content

Looks fab, was it easy to do yourself? x

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is fabulous, you could sell those!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I saw these in a shop in town last week and they look really tempting - the ones I saw were in different coloured aluminium buckets but the terracotta looks great too. They look really good - agree about the cello though!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We had these on our tables, though we bought them - I am not creative enough to make them! Yours looks fab.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Soonetobeawife ·
    • Hide content

I woud love some advice on how to do these Smiley smile

• mattsgirl
    Beginner August 2012
    mattsgirl ·
    • Hide content

Wow!
    How do you make them? I would love to make a couple to go on my sweetie buffet! Please tell!! TIA

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

I too would be very interested in how to make these!!! xx

• Banana88
    Beginner May 2012
    Banana88 ·
    • Hide content

It looks fab. I really need to give these a go! What did you use for the stick bit?

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

It look great! I had a go at making a marshmellow one and it turned out fab so doing my own for sweetie table. Enjoyed making them too Smiley smile

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did you make the marshmallow one, Sparkly Bride? I really want to make these for our wedding sweet buffett but don't know where to start!!!

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Aww thanks guys, I've got a lot of people ordering them already just by putting it onto fb hence the cello so it doesn't get dust on them and then it's gift wrapped

All you needs is sweets,

Pot

I used a bamboo stick
    Oasis ball

Floristry wire

Cocktail sticks

And some sand

Place the stick in the pot and poor in the sand to support it then cover with sweets. Keep the wrapping on the oasis ball so it doesn't flake onto sweets, thread the sweets onto end of florist wire (I cut the wire down to bout inch n half long) be warned thought it takes ages and a lot of patience!!! then literally pierce it onto the ball! They come in all sizes but this is a large one. Make sure the stick isn't too long as it will over balance from the weight because believed its heavy! I'm going to do a forrera rochea (can't spell it) one and a mini eggs one tomorrowSmiley smile

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to say, the cocktail sticks are better for heavier items such as the maltesers that are on there

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

These are, quite frankly, awesome. My H2B would love these and would eat one to himself. Thanks for the flash and 'how to', it's being filed away to attempt nearer the time ?

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Just as someone who has a minor obsession with health and safety I would stay with cocktail sticks, especially if there are kids around. People expect cocktail sticks with food and would be expecting them, but not wire IYSWIM

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

Looks amazing! Well done!

• jonesmel_25
    Beginner September 2012
    jonesmel_25 ·
    • Hide content

I think I may well have to give making one of these a go. They would look fab on my sweetie table.

Fingers crossed mine turns out as good as urs!

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

These are fantastic! I'd not considered making one... just out of interest, about how many bags of sweets have you used on the tree?

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

When you ve made the others will you flash them?! id like to have a go too at these, how many are you making and for how many guests?!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

The commercial ones we bought had no cocktail sticks/wire - the sweets were all stuck onto the central ball with some kind of very heavy (?royal) icing.

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys Smiley smile

I bought a box from costco and it took half of it so quite a lot!!

I did think of using icing but sooo many people I know dont like it so i thought the cocktail sticks would be a safer option.

Ive started making them now for mothers day, easter and birthdays and have had soooooooo many orders

I was going to do two for our weddding though...the haribo one and a ferrero rocher one which ive just done so heres a flash...

Believe it or not its got 61 on there and so far ive had more orders for this one

• Mrs2013
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs2013 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How do you do this one hun? x

• D
    Beginner August 2013
    debs35 ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! i might have a go too, as mrs2013 said how do you make the ferrero one too? ive looked at you tube but dont think they show them very well!

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

I got a cone shaped polotyrene oasis and left the wrapper on then with a glue gun glued the base which melts the glue they use to stick the actuall wrapper from the choclate into the base so just pop a bit more glue inside the casing then pop it on. its soooo much easier then the actuall sweet one. i found youtube was useless for the help videos suprisingly

• B
    Beginner February 2013
    Bride123 ·
    • Hide content

Wow they look great! Especially the forrero rocher tree yum! ?

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

That was meant to say the base of gthe chocolate, not the base of the oasis

• cloakers
    cloakers ·
    • Hide content

HI i have made a few sweet trees i would love to post my latest one but i have not figured out how to post a pic yet , i am sure i sort it real soon xxxx

• cloakers
    cloakers ·
    • Hide content

i made this for my Neices wedding in a weeks time if any of you want to know anything just ask , this is only my 3rd sweet tree ..

• cloakers
    cloakers ·
    • Hide content

this is the first one i made for my sister

• H
    Beginner September 2013
    hollyjanine ·
    • Hide content

Hi , I tried to make one of these and use plaster of pairs but it cracked my pot what am i doing wrong would love some advice thanks. xx

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies :0) Donna, well done!! These look better than many 'professionally' done trees I have seen! I used to make and sell rather alot of sweet trees, various shapes and sizes. Just a few tips for anyone wanting to create their own..... Firstly they really can be quite fiddly and time consuming so if you're lacking in the patience department, beware lol!! I'd always recommend using polystyrene balls or cones.... They withstand a greater weight of sweets and are better at holding cocktail sticks if that's how you choose to attach them (often the best way for getting a good shape but obviously precaution needed where children are concerned). For those who are very keen on h&s, wrap the ball well in cling film just to provide an extra hygiene layer. Donnas bamboo looks great (I'd never thought of using that!) ... A fairly cheap way of doing sticks is to buy lengths of wooden dwelling from the handyman and sawing them into appropriate lengths. PLASTER OF PARIS ISSUES? Yes, it is likely to crack pots as it can get pretty warm..... I suggest mixing it into a plastic disposable cup, making sure you get a nice level top. When it is partially set, put your stick into position and hold for a moment to ensure it is straight. Once the plaster has hardened, trim the plastic cup if necessary so it sits below the line of the pot. Then cover it in clingfilm, place it in your pot and pack foil around the cup to help stabilise it. Once the tree is done, it's nice to place in scrunched up food grade cello or tissue into the pot before adding a layer of filler sweets. I would always suggest using cello wrap as Donna has during storage, transit and presentation until the reveal moment.... It not only keeps it hygienic but sweets can deteriorate pretty quickly if left exposed. I think Donna has done a cracking job on hers.... Could be a nice little earner!! ;0). IDEAS : I found my toffee popcorn and fudge trees used to go down well, but the popcorn can be a sticky job lol! Also, using minstrels or better still, chocolate buttons, you can make a lovely floral design.... A bit like an artichoke head. Nice!! I'd be happy to post pics of my designs if anyone needed any inspiration xx

Now all you have to worry about, Donna, is resisting the temptation to deconstruct and munch away lol!! Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics