Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Rockstar August 2013

Sweet Trees - Thoughts????

cherrybloom, 6 March, 2013 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi All,

As an alternative to a sweet buffet I am thinking of doing sweet trees just 4 or 5, has anybody had them or been to an event with them, what do you think waste of money or nice touch? I think it may be cute for adults and kids alike..a mix of chocolate and haribo and chewies maybe...just not sure if its a waste of dosh?

Or maybe just 2 with sweet bowls aswell ????

12 replies

Latest activity by cherrybloom, 8 March, 2013 at 20:22
  • Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We had them on our tables as decorations. They were nearly all demolished - I was sad I didn't get to try many!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a few weddings that had them and they always went down well. Both weddings I was at just had the trees on their own (Ferrero Rocher) and they still looked lovely - a really nice finishing touch. We're having them also. We're DIY'ing them - coming along nicely so far - will flash when complete! ?

• L
    Beginner January 2011
    lynd ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to have these - double up as favours too (well sort of).

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I like them, they look cute for about 5 seconds until they get demolished then it just look like a stick in a pot ?

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your thoughts people,

Funky - I never thought of that...a pot and a stick...Mmmmmm?, but I guess it did its job then..if there was any left I wouldn't be happy!! ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

They do look good before they get started on, heres some I came across last year

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I was thinking of making a few mini sweet trees for the kiddies favours, how do you make them and what do you need? thanks

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

I think they look fab!!!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not quite so sure as far as I know they are made by sticking a cocktail stick in the sweet and then into a flower oasis (foam) or polystryeene ball, so Sharp Sticks, could be an issue with little un's

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

me i want them all around the reception venu, all different ones and different sizes ,space hopper ones, malteeser ones, haribo ones, allsort ones and most of all ferreror ones and all for me but reality of it is we dont have enough in the budget for them lol ,i have made my own forerror one in small pots which im going to be doing il see if i can get a flash up let me know what you think .

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

Im not very computergenic the above post was my first flash the sweet pots i made are prototype one and not finished as ribbon will be added to the real ones and they were demolished in minutes and quite easy to make

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

I love those ones in the glasses. Never seen them like that.

Were also debating sweet trees as we only have 27 guests in the day but over 150 in the evening so will need something to put on all the new tables for the evening guests. I wanted chocolate navy foil love hearts put on them but had a thought the other day about them melting as our wedding is the middle of summer.

I know they will be alright in the venue room as its air conditioned but not sure where I could put them until they go there.

• C
    Rockstar August 2013
    cherrybloom ·
    • Hide content

Those are great Ligligs!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics