Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

Sweetheart neckline for smaller busts?

Chedi, 15 of June of 2012 at 22:34 Posted on Planning 0 16

Just want your opinion on sweetheart necklines - to put it bluntly, are they OK for small busts?

I'm just asking as I've been in 4 shops so far, and it's only been the last 2 I finally agreed to try on a sweetheart neckline, as I really didn't think it'd do me any justice, being an A cup. The neckline is really good for my shoulders, and even though they said they could easily adjust the dress in to make it fit against me - I couldn't see what it'd look like when done - and even though the dresses are great and I probably would buy one of the two ones I fell in love with - the neckline is really bugging me! Generally speaking, I'm not one to worry about them looking too small, I wouldn't really want to change them, but I don't want to show them off or make them look obviously small, if you know what I mean?

Any thoughts on if this neckline will be OK?

Or any ideas on what neckline would work better?

16 replies

Latest activity by MissTtoMrsB, 16 of June of 2012 at 21:39
  • K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

The dresses you tried on, did they have straps at all?

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

I have a small bust and have found sweetheart necklines to give me a curvier appearance and the illusion of having more there. Combined with a push up strapless bra, it seems to work for me. Certainly don't looker smaller...

Having said that, you need to feel comfortable in your dress.

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I felt great in both the dresses but now two days on, it's starting to niggle away at me and I'm starting to worry about it ?

Neither had straps, and I tried them both on with a little 3/4 sleeve jacket thing as well (cant remember the proper name for it).

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

It has been more years than I'm willing to admit since I was an A cup ? so I'm definitely not talking from personal experience here but I do think a sweetheart bustline will help define the shape of your bust

HTH

L x

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I'm an A cup too and my dress has a sweetheart neckline as I felt it was quite a flattering shape on my small bust. I tried a few straight ones and they didn't look right on me.

It was hard to imagine what it will look like when properly fitted because the busts on the sample dresses are huge, some of the really stiff ones sat out a mile from my chest and looked ridiculous.

My dress is lace up and it felt pretty secure once I was clamped into it in the shop, I am having straps but I was surprised that I felt comfortable without them. If you liked the dresses with the sweetheart neckline then I'd go for it, I would't worry about how your chest looks in it.

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you really did love the dresses, go back and ask the shop to provide some material to use as mock-up straps. Try all sorts of different ways of wearing he straps (halter neck, one shoulder etc) and see if that helps. IMO straps provide a completely different look! It may help your confidence.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

Im small bust too- and i had a sweetheart dress with jacket and felt i had ''shape'' if you look at mrsrawe2b to post you'll see a pic of my dress on there Smiley smile

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

? small chest here too, i found sweethearts to look really nice on with my smaller chest as opposed to those whos boobs are practically falling out lol so not jelous ?

• Aurora Borealis
    Beginner June 2013
    Aurora Borealis ·
    • Hide content

I have a small bust and a sweetheart neckline definately looks more flattering on me.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Small bust too...my dress is sweetheart and I have to say it was the most flattering of all necklines I tried on.

Personally I think small busts suit smaller busts as it helps emphasise what you have. Plus they look really delicate and pretty ? I would suggest going back and trying the dresses on again with this in mind. X

• J
    Beginner July 2013
    jaxxs ·
    • Hide content

Cant really comment factually on this as I am a DD BUT I think they really suit smaller chested girls as they give a really feminine line and add shape. In my opnion a straight across dress can look like you have bandaged your chest flat! I am jealous of your A cup to be honest as cant stand it when boobs are spilling out over the top of a dress or by the armpits!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

This is all good to hear. Really is settling my worries. I guess I'm just worrying too much, as I've never worn a sweetheard neckline in any top or dress before (to be honest, I own very little dresses - and the only strapless was my prom dress I wore once years ago).

Quite excited to go back again now before I put any deposit down on it, as I think I know which of the 2 I'll go for ?

Beginner January 2014
    1981Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun. A little input from the other side. I'm a GG cup and A sweetheart neckline did nothing for me.it look like I was showing off way to much for a bride. I would agree with the others that it suits a smaller bust.

Live fallen in love with a dress online that only showed the dress from the side and back......yep it has a sweetheart neckline.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Im quite small chested and i have a sweetheart neckline on my dress too ? It definately makes me look curvier than i am, ive also had padded bits sewn into the dress to help abit too ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics