Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachael
Beginner December 2023 Tyne & Wear

Sweetheart Table

Rachael, 31 of August of 2023 at 11:04 Posted on Planning 1 4
Hi Everyone, just after some opinions on a sweetheart top table??
We’ve come to the part of our wedding planning where we need to sort our table plan and it’s probably the hardest part of planning the wedding 😂
Both of our parents are separated and my fiancé’s parents are both with new people now and they don’t get on they won’t even speak to each other… there’s so issues with my parents but to save the stress and the awkwardness we have thought about a sweetheart table. I think it will be nice for us to have some alone time for a little bit, but I also worry we will look a bit out of place.. Thanks ☺️x

4 replies

Latest activity by Jess, 7 of September of 2023 at 07:02
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Not at all - I see plenty of sweetheart tables and its a very easy way to solve sometimes tricky family politics.

But you will not be alone and you are probably going to be more exposed / centre of attention than if you were on a "top table" with others. Also a sweetheart table makes you more accessible for others to come up and have a chat as as they can do it without having to talk over a table at you as they can do it from the side so in a way on a sweetheart table you are less alone.

Just my observations.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Sweetheart tables are really common, so I don't think you will look 'out of place' at all.

As an alternative, you could consider asking each parent to 'host' a table and just have your bridesmaids and ushers/best man on the top table. (Not that tables need hosting, but it might enable you to avoid hissy fits over being excluded from the top table!)

• H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    I went to a wedding that had divorced parents so they split them up across the room and sat at a table with their bridesmaids/best man/ushers and corresponding partners instead. They had it as a round table like the rest of the room so it didn't have that 'top table' feel.
  • Rachael
    Beginner December 2023 Tyne & Wear
    Rachael ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I like that idea! Thank you☺️x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics