Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracey86
Beginner October 2012

Sweetie Buffet Question

Tracey86, 5 September, 2012 at 07:08 Posted on Planning 0 7

We're having a DIY sweetie buffet at our wedding. We already have all the jars/vases and all the sweets and the plan is to fill the jars with the sweets and then cover them with cling film and attach the labels so that all the venue staff have to do is arrange them on the table.

Question is, when do you think we wan fill the jars? Once we have done them they will be covered with the cling film so still airtight so they shouldn't go sticky should they? I'm wondering if we could do them as early as this weekend because the next few weekends after that are getting crazy busy. Do you think the sweets would be ok doing them this early or should I leave it a bit and try and find some time nearer the day?

7 replies

Latest activity by Tracey86, 5 September, 2012 at 20:13
  • Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

Could you fill the jars and take a photo and then give this to the venue? It's what I plan to do. That way they will know exactly what goes where, but you don't have to do it so early and they can do it.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt do it this early, i would spend time this weekend attaching the labels to the jars so thats pre done, then i would try to do it closer to the wedding possibly over a couple of evenings maybe when your tea is cooking or something do it bit by bit.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Why not just put the sweets in the jars on the day of the wedding?? How long can it take to open a few packets of sweets and pour them into jars? You will have lots of people around to help so will only be a 2 minute job.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My thoughts exactly! I plan to do mine on the morning of the wedding.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We did a DIY job too, we laid out all the jars and pots etc... on the dining room table and took photos. We (I) kinda went a bit OTT and also drew it out on a plain piece of paper and listed inside the outline of the sweeties jars what sweets went in what jar, made a copy for me, the venue and the usher who id assigned to look after this job. Took him 5 mins to do and looked like this (the usher earnt his gift ?) I wouldnt do them till the day as they might go funny.....The venue will be able to look after this for you if you give them direction and timings, that way the sweets can stay fresher for longer. They also topped them up for me when they needed to.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies.

Definitely won't be a morning of the wedding job due to the logistics of who will be where and where the sweetie buffets bits will be. I also can't add the labels and ribbons to the vases before adding the sweets because we need to have a play and work out which sweets are going to fit best in which vases.

Once it's all done, I definitely intend on taking a photo for the venue so they know how to arrange it on the table.

I didn't think the sweets would go funky because of the cling film but maybe they will, we'll have to add this task onto the "few days leading upto the wedding day" list then.

Sian Tiffany- yours looks fab by the way. The LOVE dishes are really cute!

Thanks ladies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics