Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner May 2011

Sweetie Buffet.Table - Good Idea - Bad Idea

giddys2B, 29 of December of 2010 at 23:12 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello

My Wedding reception is on the 28th 2011 (my wedding 12/05/11 as I am getting married in cyprus)

I was initally going to have a table of favours for my guests to take if they wish. However I have today discovered the idea of a sweetie table and was wondering what you all thought?

Have any of you done this? Do you have any ideas etc etc

Any input will be greatly apprciated

11 replies

Latest activity by Kitty1987, 30 of December of 2010 at 16:10
  • Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I've seen quite a few sweetie tables and i think they look sweet (sorry couldn't help it) even better if you choose sweet that match your colour theme ? x

• G
    Beginner May 2011
    giddys2B ·
    • Hide content

Well my coloir scheme is Fushia Pink so pink sweeties will look sweet he he - couldnt resist

Im really excited about it, cant wait to start collectiong sweet - the trick is not to eat them before the wedding he he

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh i don't envy you with that one, i'd buy sweets i don't like just so i didn't eat them lol x

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Personally I don't like the idea for a wedding. I'd say it's more suitable for an 18th or 21st birthday or a kids party, but not generally for a wedding.

Having said that, some of the shabby chic and tea party spreads have looked good and fitted well with the theme. So if you can make it look good and make it fit your theme then go for it, but personally I'd avoid these pic'n'mix people that do a supermarket stand thing - I think they look tacky!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I think they can look good, if done right. We aren't having one at our wedding but there are loads of ideas out there if that's what your thinking of Smiley smile Lots of people on hitched are having a 'sweetie' buffet table.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Many brides have done them here and they have been a hit, I personally dont like them as I am not interested in eating sweets at a wedding....I dont think booze n sweets go......

if it were nuts and bombay mix however, I'd be interested!

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

I'm having one, but I think there is very much a right way and a wrong way to do it.

The wrong way is any kind of way that looks like it belongs at a childrens party. Though there is nothing wrong with catering for children if like me you'll be having plenty at your wedding.

I was very much inspired by this image on my wedding photographers blog - http://www.photographybyriddell.co.uk/WeddingsBlog.htm

There is a great photo of a sweetie table there, just scroll down a bit.

We are taking this a step further and making it a real centrepiece, we plan to have lots of clever, conceled lighting that makes a real burst of colour. Then as well as sweets we'll also be adding lots of fruit (I have a number of diabetics on my side of the family) and we'l also have cakes on the table as well.

Like the photo in the blog and the one on this topic, we'll be using different sized and shaped vases and jars. The sweets will be chosen purely for translucency and vibrancy of colour, so when lit they should look stunning.

S.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Teehee are you trying to start a new craze?! ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having a sweet table so I guess it's a good thing we decided to cut back on the alcohol.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Not a bar on the premises AJ?? I dont think flumps go with bourbon but thats my personal taste and heaven forbid a flying saucer fell in a pint of lager, imagine the mess that could make?? lolol (think mentos and cola)

give me hot nuts any day.......

theres my 'nut buffet' lolololol....

with one of those.... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on having one too. My h2b is a big kid when it comes to sweets so i've left him in charge of it! x

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

Ours went down an absolute treat!

the adults loved it more than the kids lol, everyone knows I am a big kid so there had to be sweets at my wedding Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics