Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sian-tiffany
Beginner May 2012

Sweetie Table - what sweets did you have?

sian-tiffany, 10 of March of 2012 at 14:43 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi guys

Im doing a sweetie table and not sure what sweets to offer? I'm looking at buying a maltester and a marshmallow tree but need ideas for other sweets to offer. Please help x

17 replies

Latest activity by venart, 11 of March of 2012 at 21:57
  • D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we had i think 17 different types of sweets in 23 jars

This was the mock up we did to get an idea of what it would look like

and everything went! we brought only a few sweets back with us

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

That look great! Where did you buy your sweets? And if you don't mind, how much did it cost?

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

HI

we bought all our sweets from Makro, i think we spent maybe £80, we got the jars from Ikea and Home and Bargains probably another £70 maybe and then bought ribbon and bows from ebay and used a glue gun, with labels, tongs, scoops and bags i think we spent maybe £200 but i am so glad we did

It looked amazing on the night and it went down a storm with our guests

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I went to Costco the other day and they were quite expensive and didn't have a big range. I'll try Makro - do you need a card to go there too?

• D
    Beginner February 2012
    Dani1984 ·
    • Hide content

Yes we have a card for Makro, i remember seeing that Costco was more expensive

i can't remember what you need for a membership at Makro but huge variety of sweets

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We're getting some petit fours like mini fruit tarts, chocolate mouse, macaroons, brownies, and cake pops to go along with marshmallows, m&ms, chocolate covered raisins and peanuts, skittles, wine gums, etc.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

When did you buy your sweets in preparation? I have 2 months to go and was thinking about starting, is this too early?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

When did you buy your sweets in preparation? I have 2 months to go and was thinking about starting, is this too early?

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I have 3 and a half months to go and me and my MOH have already started buying the sweets as long as you check the sell by date and store them in a cool dry place (my spare room lol) then they should be fine. The more you buy maybe one a week means you won't have to worry about this nearer the day as you will have it all done.

I got 4 jars (biscuit jars) i got from tesco a few months ago for 1.50 each. They will hold a good few sweets each and i have seen vases from matalan.

My question is how are / did you dress the sweetie table on the day?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I'll just be having a white table cloth with a sign saying sweetie table or candy bar. Will try and lay them out nice, but not doing and labels as people should be able to tell what sweets I have. I have some left I've chiffon from my invites so will tie them round the scoops and jars etc... - how about you?

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I am not sure how i am going to dress the table. We get the table cloth from the venue so i was thinking maybe an organza material plumped ontop and with some led candles underneath to light it ip a bit. Then like you say just sweets in jars. I was going to do lables but think it is just one more job to do then so i don't think i will bother now. I am getting my bags from ebay and scoops too.

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not entirely sure yet, but am thinking along these lines:

-bunting hanging above

-white table cloth provided by venue, but with a cath kidston pink english rose table runner, or tablecloth put diagonally the other way like this one:

-will have the jars like these I've bought already, so won't be decorating them with ribbon, but might tie ribbons around the tongs and scoops

-will probably do a few teacup flowers and candles:

-and finally, will have little decorative flags in some of the petit fours, fudge, brownies, and things:

So that's my country garden theme sweets table. I'm doing the same on another table, which will be strictly for cakes on mix-n-match vintage cake stands of varying heights, probably mostly normal 2 and 3-layer 9-inch cakes, but with a couple cake flavours done in cupcake form and placed on 3-tier stands.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Venart that looks fab. I esp love the cath kidston decor idea. It will look stunning x

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

Ah Venart, yours sounds kinda similar to mine but we're using crystal cut glass bowls and vases Smiley smile picked a couple up this morning so my collection is growing (my mum had found us around 6 or 7 at hers!)

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS - that looks so good. I've bought my bags and scoops off eBay, such a bargain. I was also going to do labels but as you say, too much hassle and people should know what is there.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Oh and what quantities are you buying? I was thinking about 1kg of each but is that not enough?

• T
    Beginner June 2013
    tware ·
    • Hide content

These look fab. When would you being put these out? At the start of the day or in the evening?

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Ours will be out in the evening portion of the day, as that's in a different area of the venue than the day bits. So from 7:30 onwards.

As for how much to buy, I hadn't really thought about it. I figure I'll get a lot of different things, but not too much of each. I know some things will be more popular than others, but I don't plan to replenish them- I don't want to be left with tons of leftover candy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics